Thread: Raleigh NC -> Melrose MA -> Raleigh NC

On the Road

Raleigh NC -> Melrose MA -> Raleigh NC

Since i have owned my r1100rt (april '06) i have not actually gone for long rides. Used it mostly for sort trips (< 1 hour) /commute. I need to drop my van off in Raleigh NC and then go back home to Melrose MA. Wondering if I should take the bike ? Wondering about the physics of the human body when on a motorcycle for 12 - 13 hours?? A week later ithe van needs to be picked up. Any suggestions/ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jaapovergaag View Post
    Since i have owned my r1100rt (april '06) i have not actually gone for long rides. Used it mostly for sort trips (< 1 hour) /commute. I need to drop my van off in Raleigh NC and then go back home to Melrose MA. Wondering if I should take the bike ? Wondering about the physics of the human body when on a motorcycle for 12 - 13 hours?? A week later ithe van needs to be picked up. Any suggestions/ideas?

Well, you'll need to eat, pee, and maybe poop...

If you can do it in 2 days rather than 1, it could be an enjoyable ride by keeping off the interstates, otherwise Rt 95 sucks...
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    12 or 13 hours is no problem at all. Take a look at The Iron Butt Archive of Wisdom for help... http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aowprintout.cfm.

However remember that sometimes it is better to take a shorter more enjoyable ride.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride