• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike purchase gone bad- friend needs advice

Resolution

I purchased the bike from a couple in OKC, they never registered it and according to the TX DMV they did not have the right to resell the bike as they were never the legal owners since they never had a clean title. I located the original owner in Michigan, and found that he had never sent the title to the OKC couple. Well once they received it they signed it and then gave it to me. Duh...I told them the title was no good as it was and they would need to register in OK and then sign it over to me. But... I was stupid and gave them the money before the title was given (all this was done in person) they agreeded and I asked for the return of the money minus $500, the agreeded upon earnest money. They refused the return of the cash, and I was not about to hand over the title.

I went to the local DMV and filled out miles of forms stating the facts and applied for a sureity bond, I had to find a bailsman to issue one at a cost of $120.00. Then back to the DMV for the plates. The bond ensures that if the original owner tries to claim the vehicle the bond will cover the reimbursement cost to the seeker.

Finally..the end..I have the bike and the title is on the way

best possible case

"Where was the racial profiling? Neither I nor anyone else said anything about race. Please lead us through your logic that brings race into this discussion. Thank you."

POST REMOVED by author because of offense taken by another member. It was not what I intended it to communicate, and you took it all wrong, Flash, my mistake.

Once again, my error. Now dont "Imus" me, please, I'm just a dumb scooter head "who made a mistake" in profiling white America, not you!

Last edited:
ALL Americans and in fact all humans should be offended by both redclfco and dvandkq's hateful posts.

Personal attacks are not supposed to be allowed on this website.
I guess the moderators find it acceptable for people to call me a racist.

(P.S. Oklahoma is not in the South.)

What did I ever say that was hateful?

BTW - I just re-read the thread - no hate there by me, so I'm baffled.

Imus Responds

Flash,

Your comment bothers me. I was jus joking around, and said what obviously was offensive. I apolgise to you AND AMERICA! Dont wanno pickle jus wnta ride my motorcycle!

Take away my 40 yr radio show, take away everything here, I am sorry, I said some dumb words BUT DON"T I MEAN DON"T

Take away my BMW!

:usa :usa :usa :usa :dance :fight :hug :hug

Flash,
Your comment bothers me. I was jus joking around, and said what obviously was offensive. I apolgise to you AND AMERICA! Dont wanno pickle jus wnta ride my motorcycle!
Take away my 40 yr radio show, take away everything here, I am sorry, I said some dumb words BUT DON"T I MEAN DON"T
Take away my BMW!
:usa :usa :usa :usa :dance :fight :hug :hug
Redclfco,
Thank you. Apparently we had a misunderstanding. I accept your explanation and your deletion of the post. You and I are good. If we meet in person, please remind me that I owe you a beer (or other frosty beverage of your choice).

:love

- Flash

Back