• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Water pump

E

eric2

I'm rebuilding my water pump and looking at the leak. Where is the weep hole for it? It doesn't look like it's leaking there
IMWTK!

Attachments

• wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 206
The weep hole is in the oil pan, at the very front edge. It looks like you've just had a nasty cover leak....probably didn't need to take the whole thing apart. :)

oh well........

Thx Jon, like your lt there's an intermediate
oil line housing that may be covering the weep hole
so I'll look closer to see. Nothing in the cover
looked like a source though.....

Re: oh well........

nfgeezer said:
Thx Jon, like your lt there's an intermediate
oil line housing that may be covering the weep hole
so I'll look closer to see. Nothing in the cover
looked like a source though.....
Ah! This was on a K12RS? Wasn't there a recall on early models to repair something in the water pump area?

'tis the water pump

In fact it is the water pump, the weep hole protrusion
is just right of the sending unit. Duh,

You can see the trail of water line up as it dribbled
down from there

More pics and such when I finish it and the timing
chain cover re-seal . FWIW, doing both makes
sense due to the sensor wires running through
both pieces. I'll be using Yamabond for the sealer.

Cam chain tensioner is different than the early
K engines as well.

Back