• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'm glad to be back in Wisconsin!

kreinke

I just spent 5 days in Mission Texas in my in-laws Winnebago. Their campground is 1 1/2 mile from the river. Friggin' gun shots and border patrol helicopters flying all hours of the night.:help What an uhhhhh interesting that part of the country is.

It's great if you like crappy looking homes with nice looking cars equipped with 19 inch rims in front. Never seen so many rim dealers and bling in my life. They could buy a lot of sod for their yards in exchange for all the low rider crap.

I wasn't overly impressed with the usual "winter Texan" restaurants but went to a little "hole in the wall" diner in Mission that had THE BEST authentic Mexican food I have ever eaten.:fart

Spent a day in South Padre. Man what a hoot. Jeep Wranglers with surf boards and quads all over. Dunes as high as 3 story buildings.

Just when I thought there couldn't be a bigger hole than South Texas we went to Progresso Mexico. On the plus side the seniors can buy the exact same drugs for pennies on the dollar for what the fuggers here rape us for. I definatly understand why they're all trying to get here. Friggin kids barely out of diapers begging and trying to peddle stuff.

I kissed the ground when I walked back across to U.S. soil....LITERALLY!

Just when I thought there couldn't be a bigger hole than South Texas we went to Progresso Mexico. On the plus side the seniors can buy the exact same drugs for pennies on the dollar for what the fuggers here rape us for. I definatly understand why they're all trying to get here. Friggin kids barely out of diapers begging and trying to peddle stuff.

It's been a long time (1971) since I toured Mexico but I as I recall, there's a big difference between the border towns and the interior. In the border towns, all the kids are begging the rich Americans.

A few years ago I did a bicycle tour in southwestern Texas--Paul and Voni's new area. We started in Fort Davis and rode through Marfa (saw the lights!), Presidio, Lajitas (gave the mayor a drink!), Terlingua, through Big Bend National Park, and back through Marathon and Alpine.

While we were in Big Bend, we took a detour led by Mexicans over to Boquillas, Mexico via rafts and then donkeys. Voni tells me that's not allowed anymore. Bummer, it was a blast! Somewhere I've got a 360 degree video of the town and the bar.

Forget the southern "point" of Texas. Go over to southwestern Texas.

Back