• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

California HWY.1 again;

Polarbear

Polarbear
Clovis,CA to Parkfield, "earthquake capitol" to San Miguel Mission to Paso Robles Wine Country backroads:):) and on to Cambria for the famous US HWY 1 north to m/c heaven. K1200LT for the wife and me, this trip. The highlights of the sunny coastal ride were the "whales", by the hundreds migrating northward this time of year. I've never seen so many and I sail out there from Monterey on my sailboat frequently. Anyhow, the large critters were in mass heading north and easily seen from HWY.1 vistas along the way. Humpbacks! I highly recommend the Whale cruise in Moss Landing, if you are passing through right now, or soon. About a 5 hour boat cruise and whales abound:). Also, the Elephant Seals are beached in nearby San Simeon near Hearst Castle, where they give birth to their young ones and this will go on for another month or so. Keep a sharp eye and you may get a lucky glance at an Orca, Killer Whale(s) nearby. They also frequent the Monterey Sanctuary during the birthing seasons. This is among the nations largest Sanctuaries at around 6000 sqaure miles, just under the famous HWY 1 m/c mecca! We road the day out into 450 miles to home. Great day. Expect temps., from high 40's to 70-80, depending on fog, etc..this time of year and even into summer months. The winter/spring is usually best on the coast of CA. for clear weather, minus the fog. It usually peers its ugly head during the summer months. Happy Trails, Randy13233:thumb

Boats and Beemers

What kind of boat do you have?

I am sailing out of Santa Barbara tomorrow, riding the bike up from LA.

For now I sail out of the SB Sailing Center, probably take out a Soling or J24.

Am buying/looking for a small boat, perhaps a Catalina 22 trailerable to take advantage of both the ocean and local lakes.

Owned a 50' ketch for years and sailed all over the most of the world.

Sail on!

I have a 26 Balboa, Lyle Hess designed coastal cruiser. I kept it in Moss Landing Harbor at Monterey Bay for over a year and now have it at home on its trailer. I have ridden the BMW's over there for years all around the coast areas and most of last year sailing Monterey Bay for the wildlife up close sailing that the area is so rich with. The KLT ride last week was awesome, with the whales, Elephant seals all up close to shore. Whales by the hundreds! Anyhow, its a good sailing vessel and I've done this all my life, as with the bikes. Sailing is in my blood. I've given some thought of selling this one, but have not been interested enough to list it anywhere. If you have some interest in a 1973 Balboa, I can do more for you with pictures, etc.. It is a trailer rig, but much happier in the water, obviously. My wife has no love for the ocean sailing, which I can't get enough of, so it may be for sale. I ride the bikes more these days and have not been solo sailing recently, but solo sailing is what I did mostly last year, up and down the Big Sur, Monterey coastal areas. Its a wonderful area for the wildlife out there and every time out, it provides some thrill. Most memorable were the Orca's right up under my boat last year, off Monterey Bay:). If you have a desire to get waterborn up here, let me know, via private message and we can perhaps do a sail or two. I need some time for rigging etc., because its a larger trailer rig and its a couple hours in and out of the water. I am in Clovis, about 150 miles from the ocean, also. Happy Trails,Randy13233/Polarbear:)

moss landing...

phils cioppino...

www.philsfishmarket.com

lazyman.jpg

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

You Bet!

Phils is a good spot for a bite, alright. Fresh seafood comes in many forms here:eat . A great spot for a bike break for lunch, dinner. Of course a short walk from my boat. Many bikers stop in Phils Seafood. Randy13233:D

Back