• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are you from Cuba?

*ahem*

Ah....Mr. President......

On behalf of the "Are you from Cuba" group (ad hoc) (pro tem?), we would like to cordially invite you to join us on either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday prior to the big Rally weekend depending on various riding and airline schedules in that I am coodinating the times of people from Florida and NJ so far.

In that this event involves beer and cigars, I have a feeling that MANICMECHANIC from Manitowoc will join us.

Based on emails and PM's that I have received, this will be alot of fun!

After Cubanitas (given a little time for cigars, Cuban coffee, and detox), we then go to the Custard Company in Menomonee Falls (see the May issue of ON) to continue the coloric blow out.

If anyone else wants to join us, chime in and send me a PM.

Well, I'm not Cuban, but I can cook Cubano !

Y tambien hablo espa??ol.

Hopefully we'll meet at the Rally and have a Malta or two. :buds

If you want a malta, I'll bet an India, you're probably a Boriqua... y yo tambien hablo espa??ol... let's go eat Cuban food during the rally. See if we can find some others to join us.

If you want a malta, I'll bet an India, you're probably a Boriqua... y yo tambien hablo espa??ol... let's go eat Cuban food during the rally. See if we can find some others to join us.

Hey JCabranes, actually, no...I'm just a goomba from NJ (born in NYC) who speaks several languages. But I do buy the India brand. I found a supermarket in the Portuguese/Brazilian section of Newark, NJ that carries it. :drink :eat

tonyt607

Do you know Tony Soprano?...hang out at the Bing?

When are you arriving in WI?
People are both riding and flying long distances to make an evening at Cubanitas.

People are both riding and flying long distances to make an evening at Cubanitas.

Add my wife and me to the list if there is one.

No, never met Mr Gandolfini; just this guy, did an organized group ride with him a couple of years ago:
34646136-M.jpg

Never been to the Bing either; it's really called Satin Dolls and is on Route 17 up in Paramus.

We're planning on leaving NJ on Tuesday the 10th, arriving early on Thursday the 12th.

jcabranes

Pm me with your email and cell phone #.

You are on the list.

Thursday night is the night.

This IS turning into a party! I hope the weather holds as there are people riding and flying in from distant places.

I will contact Marta the owner and see if I can reserve a larger than usual table.

Have you spoken to Dennis (Rat Snake) at all? I can only assume that he is tearing up Illinois with his new K12GT.

Ah....Mr. President......

On behalf of the "Are you from Cuba" group (ad hoc) (pro tem?), we would like to cordially invite you to join us on either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday prior to the big Rally weekend depending on various riding and airline schedules in that I am coodinating the times of people from Florida and NJ so far.

In that this event involves beer and cigars, I have a feeling that MANICMECHANIC from Manitowoc will join us.

Based on emails and PM's that I have received, this will be alot of fun!

After Cubanitas (given a little time for cigars, Cuban coffee, and detox), we then go to the Custard Company in Menomonee Falls (see the May issue of ON) to continue the coloric blow out.

If anyone else wants to join us, chime in and send me a PM.

Totally. In.

I've still got some Trinidads from when I was in London. :evil

Cuban food and drink fest is on!

for Thursday night, 7/12/ at 7:30pm.

See www.cubanitas.us

728 N. Milwaukee Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202, 414-225-1760
Cubanitas is located 15 seconds from the Hotel Metro (some folks are staying there), 40 minutes from the rally site, 20 minutes from the airport, and just a few minutes from many other downtown hotels.

Thus far the attendees are:
Howard, Brenda, and Joseph (son, age 23) Kapper
Roman and Terry Bogart
TonyT607 and spouse
Dave Swider and Tina (?)
J. Cabranes and spouse
Derek Hirons and ???

Others are in a holding pattern due to travel schedules, and will know more later.
I will provide detailed information on how to get to Cubanitas after I learn how to cut and paste info to the forum. This is the best information I have so far...I was not provided with last names or names of spouses/significant others, so I hope I have not offended anyone.

I think we are all in for a lot of fun!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em..
Are you joining us for food and drink at Cubanitas? or just foolish pleasures?

I did not think that these were exclusive items?

On another note, I am going to be in Milwaukee for pleasure with the wife in a week or two... maybe we can catch up finally.

for Thursday night, 7/12/ at 7:30pm.

See www.cubanitas.us

728 N. Milwaukee Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202, 414-225-1760
Cubanitas is located 15 seconds from the Hotel Metro (some folks are staying there), 40 minutes from the rally site, 20 minutes from the airport, and just a few minutes from many other downtown hotels.

Thus far the attendees are:
Howard, Brenda, and Joseph (son, age 23) Kapper
Roman and Terry Bogart
TonyT607 and spouse
Dave Swider and Tina (?)
J. Cabranes and spouse
Derek Hirons and ???

Others are in a holding pattern due to travel schedules, and will know more later.
I will provide detailed information on how to get to Cubanitas after I learn how to cut and paste info to the forum. This is the best information I have so far...I was not provided with last names or names of spouses/significant others, so I hope I have not offended anyone.

I think we are all in for a lot of fun!

My son and I will be riding out with TonyT, add +2 to that reservation.
Look forward to meeting all of you.
H

MMMMMM

.........Cubanitas..........

One of Milwaukee's best kept secrets. :eat

Good call, Howard!

I looked at their menu and it says they don't take reservations but do handle private parties. Do you all want me to see what it would take to make the arrangements for a private party? Hate to show up with a big group and not be able to sit together.

Input is always appreciated.

JCabranes aka Jack Cabranes

I saw that too, sounds like a private party reservation is the way to go...I'm sure getting enough people together for this won't be a problem.

This will be fun

I am planning to call Marta in the next day or two.
My wife and I are regulars, and I have referred many people to that wonderful place.

Yes, it is true. They do not take reservations. But I will be asking for an "arrangement"*. I will be also asking for some parking meters blocked off in front of the place to park the bikes. There are a couple of other things on my list.

Thursday, 7/12 is well past Summerfest, and 7:30pm is well past the prime dinner hours of 5pm-7pm.

(Friday night at that place is nuts, especially if you are between the ages of 21 and 49 with raging hormones. In that I am out of the prime age group, I now keep my hormones happy with an R1150R.) I think we are safe with Thursday.

*arrangement-a word used in adventure stories and espionage stories of the cold war when rules were never in writing but often used as a convenience.

I just hope that Bastille Days is not on that long weekend. However we will be in the midst of "Jazz in the Park" which is 2 blocks from the place. Cubanitas does a huge box dinner biz for the jazz in the parkers.

Back