• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo mounts for R1200ST?

hawkrider

I just ordered my Zumo; WOO-HOO can;t wait to get it. Anyone out there mount one on a R1200ST? And how? I've seen lots of postings for mounting on RT's. Any "ST" specific advice apreciated.

Thanks, Lou.

Connect it via suction mount....

I have an 1150RT. Believe it or not, I used a suction cup mount that Garmin makes and put it in the bottom center of my windshield. I had it on a shelf but the vibration was too annoying. I set the shield at its lowest postion so it wouldn't hit anything regardless of the windshield position - and ran the power up through the gap in the tupperware between the piece covering the guages and the piece directly under the windshield. When it rains, I put a zip lock bag over it just in case. It gets windblown from the gap but it doesn't seem to mind. Also, in that position, you don't have to look down much and take your eyes off the road, to see the screen. Zumo's are great!!!

Last edited:
Back