• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's in your system cases?

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
OK, it's Hump-Day and kinda boring around here...

Use the RT for most tasks these days...Had a errand day Saturday morning and got lot's of comments from clerks such as "you carrying that on a bike?" I have a cover, rainsuit, toolbag in left side, so it usually doesn't get added to.

I had to laugh remembering the picture of the topcase last week full of fermented beverages... This day, I had groceries in the topcase, some weedeater string and some after the yardwork refreshments..Oh, and the new mini-shop-vac .

So, What's in your cases?

Attachments

• Low water ride 002.jpg
    Low water ride 002.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 273
I don't have system cases. I have micatech pilot cases. I also have a BMW topcase.

Left case always has:
rain gear, tool bag, jumper cables, all the bike stuff basically.

Right case is empty until I put my bag inside which contains my books and laptop.

Top case carries an assortment of beverages, shoes, change of clothes, etc.

I use the bike to commute to work so it is set up to for easy access to haul my back and forths. I wear scrubs at work so I wear different clothes to ride in and change when I get to work.

421194675_d6cace94bf.jpg

From the Falling Leaf Rally...apparently they make great coolers. Thanks to a friend from Wisconsin, the boys had some interesting beverage choices.:drink

I have a feeling these first two beer-in-the-cases pix are going to set a precedent...

Maybe a kegerator top case could be designed. Can carry a pony keg. has a tap installed. IT would be a hit at the campsites and rallies.

Right now, my system cases are empty. But it is still a few weeks away from uncovering the RT and waking it from its winter slumber. Still lots of snow on the ground and we are going through the melt during the day then run over the road and finally freezing on the roads overnight cycle. A good 10% of my route to work has that thin veneer of ice on it in the mornings so it is not safe yet.

Ice???

Right now, my system cases are empty. But it is still a few weeks away from uncovering the RT and waking it from its winter slumber. Still lots of snow on the ground and we are going through the melt during the day then run over the road and finally freezing on the roads overnight cycle. A good 10% of my route to work has that thin veneer of ice on it in the mornings so it is not safe yet.

Ice Snow... what are these things of which you speak???

Ice Snow... what are these things of which you speak???

Right now, mostly air.

Typically though; extra gloves, bungie cords and net, cinch straps, extra layers of clothing and maybe the suit liners. All in the left case. Right side may or may not carry my laptop and related bits.

I don't have system cases, but in my Hepco & Beckers right now, IIRC,

- Rain Gear

- Extra gloves

- The map case from my tank bag, which also contains my toll transponder

- The thermal liner from my RevIt jacket which I took out because it was too warm :D

OK, it's Hump-Day and kinda boring around here...

Use the RT for most tasks these days...Had a errand day Saturday morning and got lot's of comments from clerks such as "you carrying that on a bike?" I have a cover, rainsuit, toolbag in left side, so it usually doesn't get added to.

I had to laugh remembering the picture of the topcase last week full of fermented beverages... This day, I had groceries in the topcase, some weedeater string and some after the yardwork refreshments..Oh, and the new mini-shop-vac .

So, What's in your cases?

Nice choice of brew!!

nothing, they sit on the floor most of the time, i only use them when camping, rallying or picking something up

haven't done the cooler thing with the system cases, but i did it a few times with the airhead. one time we were out in front of a liquor store, putting a case and ice into the krauser bags and my friend's dad pulls up and says "Now you know why you ride with a guy that has a bmw":bikes

Last edited:
Maybe a kegerator top case could be designed. Can carry a pony keg. has a tap installed. IT would be a hit at the campsites and rallies.

When I was in college (early 70's) I had a friend who had a keg set up in his trunk (car)with a spigot in the glove box. I'm ashamed to admit we did our fair share of drinking and driving. Glad we didn't hurt ourselves or more importantly anyone else.

My top case is the only one currently mounted. I use the side bags only when touring.

Two weights of gloves, plus a third set in the helmet. (I carry 3 pr all the time.)
Tire gauge that I don't use as often as I should.
Laptop will be in there when I go home from work.
Right now my radar detector is in it, but I'll mount it on the bike before I go out at lunch. :)

Tank bag has a bottle of water, a good rag for cleaning helmet visor, pens, flashlight, sunglasses, lip balm.

When I ride I take my cell phone off my belt and throw it in the tank bag. I don't' want it injuring my hip if I fall.

When I ride I take my cell phone off my belt and throw it in the tank bag. I don't' want it injuring my hip if I fall.

Good thought but my brother finds more cell phones on the side of the road without an attached rider than with... :)

Guess that clip is only so good for so long.

Wood you believe me if I posted a picture? :p

15 Mar 2007, Germany -- BMW announces its latest generation motorcycle, powered by a wood burning steam engine. For Iron Butt trips the side cases can be converted to carry extra fuel.

Back