Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's in your system cases?

What's in your system cases?

OK, it's Hump-Day and kinda boring around here...

Use the RT for most tasks these days...Had a errand day Saturday morning and got lot's of comments from clerks such as "you carrying that on a bike?" I have a cover, rainsuit, toolbag in left side, so it usually doesn't get added to.

I had to laugh remembering the picture of the topcase last week full of fermented beverages... This day, I had groceries in the topcase, some weedeater string and some after the yardwork refreshments..Oh, and the new mini-shop-vac .

So, What's in your cases?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

belquar
    I don't have system cases. I have micatech pilot cases. I also have a BMW topcase.

Left case always has:
    rain gear, tool bag, jumper cables, all the bike stuff basically.

Right case is empty until I put my bag inside which contains my books and laptop.

Top case carries an assortment of beverages, shoes, change of clothes, etc.

I use the bike to commute to work so it is set up to for easy access to haul my back and forths. I wear scrubs at work so I wear different clothes to ride in and change when I get to work.

From the Falling Leaf Rally...apparently they make great coolers. Thanks to a friend from Wisconsin, the boys had some interesting beverage choices.

I have a feeling these first two beer-in-the-cases pix are going to set a precedent...

belquar
    Maybe a kegerator top case could be designed. Can carry a pony keg. has a tap installed. IT would be a hit at the campsites and rallies.

Right now, my system cases are empty. But it is still a few weeks away from uncovering the RT and waking it from its winter slumber. Still lots of snow on the ground and we are going through the melt during the day then run over the road and finally freezing on the roads overnight cycle. A good 10% of my route to work has that thin veneer of ice on it in the mornings so it is not safe yet.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ǣIf you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular! http://www.yearroundriders.com

Ice???

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagazoo View Post
    Right now, my system cases are empty. But it is still a few weeks away from uncovering the RT and waking it from its winter slumber. Still lots of snow on the ground and we are going through the melt during the day then run over the road and finally freezing on the roads overnight cycle. A good 10% of my route to work has that thin veneer of ice on it in the mornings so it is not safe yet.
    Ice Snow... what are these things of which you speak???
    Mike

Current: '05 R1200RT
    Past: '71 Triumph Bonniville 650, '84 Kawasaki LTD 700, '86 K100RT

Quote Originally Posted by MEWAYBRIGHT View Post
    Ice Snow... what are these things of which you speak???
    Right now, mostly air.

Typically though; extra gloves, bungie cords and net, cinch straps, extra layers of clothing and maybe the suit liners. All in the left case. Right side may or may not carry my laptop and related bits.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

I don't have system cases, but in my Hepco & Beckers right now, IIRC,

- Rain Gear

- Extra gloves

- The map case from my tank bag, which also contains my toll transponder

- The thermal liner from my RevIt jacket which I took out because it was too warm
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    OK, it's Hump-Day and kinda boring around here...

Use the RT for most tasks these days...Had a errand day Saturday morning and got lot's of comments from clerks such as "you carrying that on a bike?" I have a cover, rainsuit, toolbag in left side, so it usually doesn't get added to.

I had to laugh remembering the picture of the topcase last week full of fermented beverages... This day, I had groceries in the topcase, some weedeater string and some after the yardwork refreshments..Oh, and the new mini-shop-vac .

So, What's in your cases?
    Nice choice of brew!!

BUBBAZANETTI
    nothing, they sit on the floor most of the time, i only use them when camping, rallying or picking something up

haven't done the cooler thing with the system cases, but i did it a few times with the airhead. one time we were out in front of a liquor store, putting a case and ice into the krauser bags and my friend's dad pulls up and says "Now you know why you ride with a guy that has a bmw"
    Last edited by BubbaZanetti; 03-15-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belquar View Post
    Maybe a kegerator top case could be designed. Can carry a pony keg. has a tap installed. IT would be a hit at the campsites and rallies.
    When I was in college (early 70's) I had a friend who had a keg set up in his trunk (car)with a spigot in the glove box. I'm ashamed to admit we did our fair share of drinking and driving. Glad we didn't hurt ourselves or more importantly anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    nothing, they sit on the floor most of the time, i only use them when camping, rallying or picking something up
    Ditto. I hardly ever have mine in the bike. I have a tank bag for the small items I normally carry.

Bike cover...

...and extra clothes for just cruisin' around.

JWHITE518
    My top case is the only one currently mounted. I use the side bags only when touring.

Two weights of gloves, plus a third set in the helmet. (I carry 3 pr all the time.)
    Tire gauge that I don't use as often as I should.
    Laptop will be in there when I go home from work.
    Right now my radar detector is in it, but I'll mount it on the bike before I go out at lunch.

Tank bag has a bottle of water, a good rag for cleaning helmet visor, pens, flashlight, sunglasses, lip balm.

When I ride I take my cell phone off my belt and throw it in the tank bag. I don't' want it injuring my hip if I fall.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite518 View Post
    When I ride I take my cell phone off my belt and throw it in the tank bag. I don't' want it injuring my hip if I fall.
    Good thought but my brother finds more cell phones on the side of the road without an attached rider than with...

Guess that clip is only so good for so long.
    Mike

Current: '05 R1200RT
    Past: '71 Triumph Bonniville 650, '84 Kawasaki LTD 700, '86 K100RT