• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

South Park Colorado

sfarson

Last Sunday afternoon took a spin down Hwy 285 to go over Kenosha Pass, then look at the immense meadow (park) surrounded on all side by big hills :eek.

About five miles before Kenosha, on the north side, I passed a four legged thing, turned around and parked as close as I thought I could get without having him turn and run.

sbighorn.jpg

Made it over the pass and turned south at Jefferson, going down the Tarryall road for about five miles. Parked and enjoyed the empty expanse.

sspark.jpg

Yeah, that's what I see every time I go out. Living right off 285 I sometimes like to pick up Hwy 9 in Fairplay and head to Breck. Wish my garage wasnt on the north side of the house, or I'd be out on a few of those toasty 50 degree winter days here in the foothills. Feeling right at home with your wonderful snap shots.

Zachltc@aol.com

zachltc said:
Yeah, that's what I see every time I go out. Living right off 285 I sometimes like to pick up Hwy 9 in Fairplay and head to Breck. Wish my garage wasnt on the north side of the house, or I'd be out on a few of those toasty 50 degree winter days here in the foothills. Feeling right at home with your wonderful snap shots.

Zachltc@aol.com

Hey, I go up Bear Creek Canyon all the time. Sweet. Today was the annual New Year's Day ride... chose the Peak-to-Peak highway. Stunning scenery. Little sandy in spots and a small ice patch here and there (especially north of Ward), but it was a fantastic day. What BMW do you ride?

I ride an 81 R100RT. Buying a K1200LTC this winter. I'm sure the peak to peak ride would have been great. I opted to join the Denver BMW club and CO Spgs club at the Rockyard Brewery in Castle Rock for Lunch and a couple of brews. There were about 150 bikes parked out front. I fequently take that ride to Estes Park, so I was with you in spirit. Maybe we can hook up sometime for a local ride. Tomorrow night, the 3rd, is the annual BMW holiday party. If you want to attend, Email me a Zachltc@aol.com. These folks are good company and many are very knowledgable about our passion, BMW's.

Zach

jgr451 said:
Isn't South Park where something kills Kenny every week?

Yes, I believe this is where the TV show you mention comes from, at least the name. I think I heard that the creator comes from that area.

Heard the creator of South Park spent time in Conifer, on Hwy 285 between South Park and Denver.

Back