• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Trailers

I like the enclosed trailer/storage shed idea.

I can totally understand your situation having lived in Houston. Luckily for me, they gave me a diploma and I beat feet out of there.

Here's what I have (yes, I have a BMW AND a trailer)...

I have a homemade 4x8 flatbed/tiltbed trailer. The plywood deck is bolted (with eyelets) to a frame that tilts for easy loading. For storage, I lean it against a wall in my garage. I bolt two 2x4's (one across the front, one across the back) that hold the weight when it's against the wall (so that it's stable and so one wheel/hub doesn't take all of the stress). I have a 2x4 attached to the garage ceiling (across 3 rafters) with an eyelet on it. I use a puller to hoist the trailer up. I've only used the trailer a couple of times, so it's not all that inconvenient. I'll be adding removeable sides to it this spring to haul mulch/rocks/etc for home landscaping.

Overall, I only lose about 24" to 30" of the width of my garage, the length of the trailer. I still have room to park 2 cars and the bike and still be able to get anything out (except the trailer) I want without moving something else.

Having two cars (no trucks), I like having the trailer around as a "rescue vehicle."

Thank you for the great message and ideas. Can you believe I have lots of those degrees and I still stay in Houston instead of moving to Colorado? It is hard for me to believe most of the time. I am looking more and more into closed trailers that are obviously hard to hide in the garage but I very much appreciate your advice.

Back