• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

rally camping

porterfish

ok, i know its been listed in the on but i have a friend i am trying to sell on membership that keeps borrowing all my on's(probably will not join if i keep giving it to him for free, hmmm $$$$) I am wondering about campsites close to the rally, ie walking distance. any tales of overnights in the area wouldbe appreciated, local attractions and such. this will be my first national and i want to do it right, i have no doubts about the pavement but sleeping would be good too. tia

matt

camping at the rally

Hello Matt, There is alredy an active thread about camping facilities at the National on this forum that should answer your questions.

thanks for the redirect, answered all my questions except...
is there a reservation system for campsites or is camping on a first come basis? I ask only because people are talking about arriving tuesday, i didnt think the rally even started until friday.

told ya, i'm a newb with lots of newb questions.

Michael Friedle

Camping space is on a first come first served basis. There are no specific numbered campsites like a KOA campground, but rather you just find a piece of ground big enough for your tent.

As for those who plan on arriving on Tuesday, I hope they are planning on staying in motels or a private campground that night. The camping at the U of C and the other two Rally campsites won't be open for camping until Wednesday for those attendees who are volunteering to help with Rally setup.

The Rally opens on Thursday and runs through Sunday.

Re: Michael Friedle

Michael Friedle said:
As for those who plan on arriving on Tuesday, I hope they are planning on staying in motels or a private campground that night. The camping at the U of C and the other two Rally campsites won't be open for camping until Wednesday for those attendees who are volunteering to help with Rally setup.

If you're going to arrive early, you may wish to consider camping at several of the nearby state parks.

I have it on good advice that the Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park is a good place to camp... located about an hour or so east of the Rally.

Another good place near the same area is Babcock State Park

Be sure to read this story about riding east of the rally.

West Virginia has a great state park system!

Ian

Attachments

• statepark1.jpg
    statepark1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 323
Back