Thread: Camping in NJ?

Camping in NJ?

Hey Everyone,
    My friend and I are thinking about a camping trip in April. We are NOT dual sport riders currently so we need it to be a state park or something. We were thinking about camping here: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...rks/belle.html

We are also looking for recommendations of things to do, roads to take.

SNOONE
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...s/camping.html

This link will tell you all you need to know about NJ State Parks. I know about Stokes, High point and Waywayanda, but they are much farther north than the one you are thinking about.. But they are beautiful places!!

Quote Originally Posted by snoone View Post
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...s/camping.html

This link will tell you all you need to know about NJ State Parks.
    I was on that site and in fact linked to it in my message. I was just curious if anyone had any first had experience with any of the parks in Jersey.

belquar
    There is a campground in Mays Landing. I believe Jellystone campground that the New Sweden club used to host their rally at.

It is a nice campground.

South west Jersey has some nice riding around the rural areas. All roads south of 40 will be scenic. Flat and straight for the most part. Not much for anything with a twist in south jersey. April will still be a bit early for the Harley crowd so you should have the roads to yourself.

If your going to be in Cape May, an afternoon at the Ugly Mug is worth it. Good beer. Park the bikes somewhere. Last time I went to the ugly mug was with my wife. We both walked back to the B&B we were staying at. There was much staggerring involved and some public urination. It was a much shorter walk when we were sober.

Cool little bar though. Cape May is a nice little town. Will still be cooler so I don't guess the beach will be a hit except to walk along.

Cape May Zoo if you have kids in tow.

AC if you want to lose some money. There is a Texas Roadhouse in Millville. Good food.

I live in Forked River. Not much to do around here. Some folks like Sleaze Side. I am not a fan. Local Fare in Toms River - Rivolis, Fischer Blvd, Toms River. Don't eat all day. Manahawkin - Jersey Shore Chicken and Rib Company. Great PULLED PORK SANDWICH!!

The Delaware Bay is a Bird Watchers Paradise. Lots of Migratory birds go through there.

That is all I got. PM me if you have any specific questions that I might be able to help with.

Brian

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by empeg9000 View Post
    I was on that site and in fact linked to it in my message. I was just curious if anyone had any first had experience with any of the parks in Jersey.

I've camped at the 3 places I've mentioned.. Of all three Waywayanda is the closest to convenient services and the gateway to riding in the Hudson Valley, close to the Warwick Valley, Bear Mtn and Harriman State Park in NY. You can also camp in Harriman and reserve a cabin as well if that's how you want to camp.

High Point and Stokes are pretty much remote and much less traveled especially in April when it will still be very cold there.. There are swimming lakes and hiking and climbing trails galore. High point as named is the highest point in NJ and the view from there is incredible. There are great twisties all around that area. . You can ride up and down the Delaware River, both sides NY and PA and visit all the small towns along the way including Beemerville.