• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hawaii

Moonscape, Haleakala National Park

50370510-L.jpg

The Crash, P.O.S. Bike, bent wheel

50374213-L.jpg

50374172-L.jpg

50373959-L.jpg

Crash note:

It is hard to describe the rush from the the scenery and speed going WFO in 24th speed. Maybe it was the thin air.

Half ways down the Mountain, as I was braking for a cliff and curve. I had a total equipment failure. From the crash I suffered road rash and a good headache. I had a very good fitting helmet and a soft jacket stuffed in my backpack, both of which softened the road impact. The worst outcome of the accident, was not being able to finish the ride.

The POS Bike company refunded my money, did not charge me for wrecking their equipment, and gave me a free t-shirt that was printed "I survived" on the back

I should of done a better before ride safety check.

Last edited:
Iao's needle is one of the symbol's of Maui

The landmark Iao Needle in the mountains of extinct Halemahina Volcano

50374632-XL-1.jpg

Iao Needle, a pointy formation of harder rock that survived the erosion better than the rock around it

50374784-L.jpg

Jurastic Park, Raiders of the lost Ark, & many more movies were shot here

50375331-L.jpg

50375525-L.jpg

Last edited:
Road to Hana

Roadcut on the western shore of Honomanu Bay. Road to Hana, one of the most winding and beautiful roads in the world. Hana Road is a long and winding 41 miles, with over 600 curves and 54 bridges

50228871-L.jpg

50228873-L.jpg

50378666-L.jpg

Road to Hana, Remember! It's the journey not the destination. Stop often

:wave

Last edited:
Back