• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aerostitch vs Rev'it??

I just read this same review a few hours ago. It look quite nice, and it even has fancy waterproof zipper technology. :)

I have a Rev'It mesh jacket for the summertime, and I'm VERY happy with it. The armor is substantial, the jacket has held up to MANY miles, and it looks good, as well. :thumb

Rev'it

Oh - oh! :wow

Those Dutch are about to take over the world again!

I haven't followed the U.S. prices of BMW clothing, but $1,050 for this suit can't be far off their numbers.

Rinty

Last edited:
I've seen the suit in person. Very nice, and the Revit! rep said that the leaky crotch of the "other competitor" is not an issue with the Revit! suit. She said that it takes 11 days to make a suit and they hope that there won't be any availability issues.

It does not come in women's sizes (boo!) but the rep said that it comes in different leg lengths and that is is cut "square," which I presume means that it won't be too tight in the hips for a woman.

If I were to spend the dough on one, I'd want to try it on first.

Rev'it

You've never actually met any Dutch people, have you? jdmetzger

Possibly not: just Zeelanders, Gelderlanders, Brabanders, Zuidhollanders, Nordhollanders, Limbergers, even Friesians, who might also call themselves Dutch. :laugh

I'd like to try one on first. Mar

Closest dealer to me is Seattle. Good excuse to do another run through the North Cascades. I was puzzled by the statement in the news release that "licensing arrangements" were preventing the suit's immediate release in the U.S.

I find the ongoing advances in suit design and materials to be amazing.

Rinty

Last edited:
The Rev'it stuff looks fantastic with one clear exception - color. Most of their gear is being sold in grays, tans, and black - with maybe a bit of red here or there. Some of us know what it's like to plowed into by a car or truck that didn't see them. I'd like the choice of a little more color. This may be a U.S. issue as our drivers aren't as aware of motorcycles as those in Europe.

For $300 more than a 'Stich it had better give me a hand-job and make me breakfast afterwards!

I see it uses the waterproof zippers that have become popular with high-end outdoor clothing manufacturers in the past couple of years. Not sure if they use the same hardware for the main zipper, the source of many complaints about Roadcrafter suits.

Hope the suits are still waterproof 10 years later. $1030 is a lot to pay for an armored, waterproof riding suit - especially when you can buy a 'Stich for $300 less.

For $300 more than a 'Stich it had better give me a hand-job and make me breakfast afterwards!

I see it uses the waterproof zippers that have become popular with high-end outdoor clothing manufacturers in the past couple of years. Not sure if they use the same hardware for the main zipper, the source of many complaints about Roadcrafter suits.

Hope the suits are still waterproof 10 years later. $1030 is a lot to pay for an armored, waterproof riding suit - especially when you can buy a 'Stich for $300 less.

Add in the "optional" back armor and hip armor on the roadcrafter, and the price difference drops to $150. Mix in a design that dates from -gasp- this century, that is waterproof, uses newer/better materials, and the $150 doesn't seem like much over the life span of a suit. This is coming from a self professed "thrifty" rider. :D YMMV.

One more addition...

I'm a well-known supporter of Aerostich. I love all of my Aerostich products (Roadcrafter suit, Combat Touring Lite boots, insulated elkskin gauntlet and regular elkskin roper gloves, etc.).

This doesn't mean I'm beholden to them. If something better comes along, I'll investigate it and compare it to the established competition.

But when a company's website is a piece of junk, it tells me something about the company's long-term customer service commitment.

REV'IT's website is a piece of crap. In 1997, this might have been acceptable. But in 2007, considering the level to which e-commerce, email customer service, and other similar technologies have become the standard rather than the exception, I wonder about the long-term viability of a company that can't make their website operational.

If anyone else can get this link to work, please tell me what it says about the company. http://www.revitusa.com/

I'm not sure why you claim the design of the 'Stich appears "old". My first reaction upon seeing the photo of the REV'IT is that it looked just like a 'Stich.

Decide for yourself:

REV'IT:
revit-one-piece-front.jpg

STICH:
GrayBlack.jpg

(Update: For some reason, the link to the photo of the REV'IT suit won't work. Here's the link if you'd like to browse to it yourself: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/infinity/revit-one-piece-front.jpg)

One more addition...

I'm a well-known supporter of Aerostich. I love all of my Aerostich products (Roadcrafter suit, Combat Touring Lite boots, insulated elkskin gauntlet and regular elkskin roper gloves, etc.).

This doesn't mean I'm beholden to them. If something better comes along, I'll investigate it and compare it to the established competition.

But when a company's website is a piece of junk, it tells me something about the company's long-term customer service commitment.

REV'IT's website is a piece of crap. In 1997, this might have been acceptable. But in 2007, considering the level to which e-commerce, email customer service, and other similar technologies have become the standard rather than the exception, I wonder about the long-term viability of a company that can't make their website operational.

If anyone else can get this link to work, please tell me what it says about the company. http://www.revitusa.com/

I went to the link, clicked on "English", and it took me to a page with a ton of links and pictures. The new suit isn't on there, yet.

While I'm an I.T. guy and like a well-setup website, there are a number of things I've purchased in the past from companies with a bad/non-existent website which worked very well. Now, if they were an company offering website design I'd be concerned, but they make motorcycle gear, after all. As I mentioned before, I find my "airforce" vented jacket to be very high quality; both in fit, form, and function.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

One more addition...

Aerostich's site was horrid until recently. :stick

The Rev'it stuff looks fantastic with one clear exception - color. Most of their gear is being sold in grays, tans, and black - with maybe a bit of red here or there. Some of us know what it's like to plowed into by a car or truck that didn't see them. I'd like the choice of a little more color. This may be a U.S. issue as our drivers aren't as aware of motorcycles as those in Europe.

That's where a Conspicuity vest comes in. I wear one with my Olympia jacket, which is light gray in color.

Back