• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Labrador 2006, Five week road trip

BeerTeam

Ambassador
Ride Report

The BMWMOA lost my ride report photos.

Labrador
Click here for the report:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217444&highlight=labrador
:dunno

WOW! SWEET!! :thumb Looks like a very nice trip!!:nod Great Pics! How long did you ride around up there?? Details, details...... :lurk :lurk

What a trip with wonderful photographs! Thank you for sharing.

Quite a body of work.. Beautiful photos, great composition. Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing

Outstanding photos! I changed my desktop wallpaper three times :)

You wouldn't happen to have a trip write-up would you?

:)

:type

Thanks, I have added details and a trip report.

;)
:bolt

Last edited:
Excellent photos.

They make me want to go back and I think I will when they finally complete that section between Cartwright and Happy Valley - Goose Bay. They keep changing the "completion date"...now its 2009...who knows if it'll happen by 2010.

From the looks of the pics of the roads, you lucked in. Except for the very edges of the road, they look to be free of loose gravel . They must have dumped fresh gravel and spread it when I was there in 2003.

Last edited:
Wow!!!

Holy crap what a report! :clap :bow Nice job, awesome photos.
Man I wish I could get a month off.

I wonder if I could put Tourances on the RT.... hummmm....

I second that...........

..........great report!

In looking at your gear I see Helen2wheels products, but I also see your own creative design in the strapping system. Are those bicycle inner tubes securing the load? What's your theory here? Thanks, Peter

Seat Cover

I noticed the sheepskin cover on your seat. I can't ride more than 300 miles without a very sore backside. Did you find this thing helped a lot on your trip? If so, what brand is it and where did you buy it? The pictures were really great.

185509288-L.jpg

Above photo was taken last summer on a two week, two up (three with the dog) camping trip. The dog loves traveling in the tank bag.

..........great report!

In looking at your gear I see Helen2wheels products, but I also see your own creative design in the strapping system. Are those bicycle inner tubes securing the load? What's your theory here? Thanks, Peter

For my packing system I used Helen Two Wheel bags with straps, and a bungee net.

I noticed the sheepskin cover on your seat. I can't ride more than 300 miles without a very sore backside. Did you find this thing helped a lot on your trip? If so, what brand is it and where did you buy it? The pictures were really great.

The sheepskin I used was just a loose pelt that I put on the seat. It is time for a new skin. Many riders like Alaska Sheepskin Butt Pads

If you liked this Ride Report
you may also like these other Ride Report I have done

enjoy the links

:thumb
Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

Texas

Hawaii

Labrador

:thumb :thumb :thumb
Wisconsin

Page

1 2008 Spring "Ride 4 Research" (Wabeno) Wisconsin Dual Sport Ride

2 2008 Road America Bike Week

3 2008 S & S Stroker Engine 50th anniversary

4 2008 Kettle Moraine Sport Riders Field and Forest Dual Sport Ride

5 2008 Field and Forest Dual Sport Ride/ Two Wheel Tuesday

6 2008 Very Boring Rally@Aerostich/AMA National Observed Trials Championship

7 2008 Brushpoppers Cow Patty Dual Sport Enduro

8 2008 Great River Road Run - 2008 Wild Goose Run

9 2008 Wisconsin Guzzi Rally/WI Dells Rally/BMWRA National Rally/Spring Crud

10 2008 - Wabeno's WI Big Woods Dual Sport Ride/ Pecatonica BMW Flea Market

Linkys
:bolt

1. 2007 Wisconsin Guzzi Rally and Adventure Rider Doohickey Daze

2. Buell Homecoming

3. Wabeno's Ride 4 Research Dual Sport Ride

4. 2007 Wisconsin Dells Rally

5. Kettle Moraine Sport Riders Adventure Field and Forest Dual Sport Ride

6. Wisconsin Airhead Rally and Spring Slimey Crud Run

7. 2007 Great River Road Run and Fall Slimey Crud Run

8. 2007Hiawatha Rally

9. Tomahawk Wisconsin Fall Colorama Ride

10. Big Woods 200 Dual Sport Run

10. Uke's Harley Davidson Museum

2006 Ride Report

Linkys
Page:
1 2006Two Wheel Tuesday/Milwaukee
2 2006 Slimey Crud Run
32006 Great River Road Run
4 2006 Pecatonia Swap Meet & Wild Goose Run
5 2006 Hiawatha Rally
6 2006 Iowa Rally & Port Free Rally
7 2006 Wisconsin Dells Rally
8 Yankee Beemer Rally
9 Yankee Beemer Rally

Last edited:

I dont have one, but you know what I found funny? I was recently at a rally and there was a rep selling the alaksa sheepskin butt pads... he had one on his bike. He was saying how great it was and everything so I was checking it out... anyway, guess what I found under his sheepskin.... seat beads.

Now this was the rep!! Made me think the sheepskin must not be all its cracked up to be. I got a good laugh anyway.

Lots of people seem to like them though.

+++++++++++++++++phase three of the Trans-Labrador Highway is open to the public

NfldLabradorOverview.jpg

130078716-L.jpg

The dot/dash (Goose Bay to Cartwright) section is now open.:clap:clap:clap
You may still take the ferry​

From the CBC said:
The last section of a highway running from western Labrador to southern Labrador officially opened 12/12/09

The Trans-Labrador Highway links the south coast of Labrador with the rest of Labrador and the North American highway system.

Tom Hedderson, the Newfoundland and Labrador transportation minister, announced the opening of the third and final section of the highway, stretching between an area near Cartwright to Happy Valley-Goose Bay in central Labrador.

"Effective today, phase three of the Trans-Labrador Highway is open to the public," Hedderson said in the legislature. "This connects all three phases into one continuous route that spans approximately 1,150 kilometres from western Labrador to southern Labrador."

Section 9: Happy Valley-Goose Bay to Cartwright

Distance is 180 miles of gravel WITH NO SERVICES LIKE GAS. This road may hurt the town of Cartright's business, as most will not want to take a 12 hour ferry when they can ride a road for 4-5 hours.
This Road will be going thru a possible Canadian National Park, The Mealy Mountains
89766130-800x1000.jpg

Back