Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I'm mentioned in a song...

  1. #1
    Registered User burnszilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    2,395

    I'm mentioned in a song...

    I heard this song on KPIG Radio yesterday. The artist mentions me splittin' lanes in the pourin' rain. It's available on iTunes.

    http://www.michaelgaither.com/

    The scenic, four-lane highway that connects Santa Cruz, California to San Jose (Silicon Valley) is a hairy experience when you‘«÷re dodging distracted drivers, gravel trucks, and motorcycles ‘«£splitting lanes‘«™even in the pouring rain‘«ō.

    Highway 17
    Michael Gaither / MaryLou Tunes / ASCAP

    High-strung yuppie in an SUV
    Hits the brakes in front of me
    6:00 a.m., highway 17
    Motorcycles splittin' lanes
    Even in the pourin' rain
    People ain't too bright, on highway 17

    Out the door in the dark again
    First thing in the morning, coffee in hand
    Getting ready to make that dreadful drive
    See there's this windy road on the way to work
    People goin' to fast and they don't even look
    While the rest of us wonder if we'll make it back home alive

    Gravel truck spittin' rock
    The guy behind him cuts me off
    Every day on highway 17
    There's some guy changing a flat
    Everybody slow down - take a look at that
    So much to see on highway 17

    It's a perfect picture of the human race
    There's a chick on the phone
    Some guy shaving his face
    Once I saw a driver in the fast lane w
    Watching TV
    We're just going to work
    It shouldn't be that hard
    You just keep up with traffic
    Look out for cars
    Everybody play nice
    Like when we were three

    Porsche passes me at 85
    Cop gives his partner a big high five
    Pickin‘«÷ ‘«ˇem off on highway 17
    Horns are honking, cars are rude
    Lots of pent-up attitude
    Then one day, it all occurred to me

    See it took me years to realize
    Some people just ain't satisfied
    Unless they‘«÷re doing all they can to get ahead
    So you can drive like an idiot, I don‘«÷t care
    They‘«÷ll still have work whenever I get there
    Hurry on by - I‘«÷ll take my time instead

    So it‘«÷s up at 5:00 and out the door
    Wonder what the hell I‘«÷m doin‘«÷ this for
    But now I have my own philosophy
    It ain‘«÷t hard, let people pass
    Keep your eyes on the road, stay off my back
    We'll survive highway 17

    Day after day on highway 17
    Got my life in my hands on highway 17
    Just get me home, from highway 17
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

  2. #2
    USERNAME
    Guest
    i heard that large part of that song was cut out to make it radio-friendly. the missing bits went something like this:

    oh that burnszilla
    in that crazy yellow suit
    zips right by my side view mirror
    on his pretty new scoot

    burnsie burnszilla
    they think youre a maniac
    but to be able to lane split
    makes you a braniac

    yeah that's burnszilla
    seen on the evening news
    i'm sittin here in my car
    i must have a few loose screws

    oh burnsie burnsie
    i wish you'd pick me up
    i could ride bitch on your bike
    in between pick up trucks


  3. #3
    Registered User burnszilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    2,395
    Most excellent username!


    Let me know via PM if you want to meet up for on March 10th (my birthday) in Austin.
    We have a booth at the SXSW interactive tradeshow.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

  4. #4
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    highway 17 is quite an experience!

  5. #5
    USERNAME
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    highway 17 is quite an experience!
    which reminds me of *another* verse

    riding with burnzilla
    is bubba zanetti
    he likes his roads
    laid out like spaghetti

  6. #6
    ian408
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    Most excellent username!


    Let me know via PM if you want to meet up for on March 10th (my birthday) in Austin.
    We have a booth at the SXSW interactive tradeshow.
    Hey dude! You can buy me drinks...mine is the 8th...no plans to be in Austin tho.

    Did you make it home ok?

  7. #7
    Registered User burnszilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
    Hey dude! You can buy me drinks...mine is the 8th...no plans to be in Austin tho.

    Did you make it home ok?
    Yes I made it. The $1.52 worth of coins in my pocket bought me .53 gallons. It bumped the range on the 'on board computer' up to 38.
    I'm going to put a $10 bill under the seat of the bike for such emergencies.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

  8. #8
    Pondering Life dick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    247
    Did you get the motor broken in yet?
    Rich - Denver
    '04 R1150 GS
    '92 K75s

  9. #9
    Registered User burnszilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Did you get the motor broken in yet?
    Yes, I'm at 1600 miles. I had the gas gauge sensor strip replaced under warranty already. When my range says 13 miles I have 1 gallon left in the tank.
    I'm still testing the limits of the range. The replaced gas gauge still sucks but not as much. Perhaps they intended the zero range indicate when you hit the reserve?
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

  10. #10
    ian408
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    Yes I made it. The $1.52 worth of coins in my pocket bought me .53 gallons. It bumped the range on the 'on board computer' up to 38.
    I'm going to put a $10 bill under the seat of the bike for such emergencies.
    Phew! Glad you made it.

  11. #11
    mrich12000
    Guest

    Thumbs up Dance by the Hiway

    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    i heard that large part of that song was cut out to make it radio-friendly. the missing bits went something like this:

    oh that burnszilla
    in that crazy yellow suit
    zips right by my side view mirror
    on his pretty new scoot

    burnsie burnszilla
    they think youre a maniac
    but to be able to lane split
    makes you a braniac

    yeah that's burnszilla
    seen on the evening news
    i'm sittin here in my car
    i must have a few loose screws

    oh burnsie burnsie
    i wish you'd pick me up
    i could ride bitch on your bike
    in between pick up trucks


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •