• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good Roads in the Phoenix Area?

D

DaveRTS

I will be traveling to Phoenix on Feb 8 to visit family for four days. I'm renting a R1200RT as my transportation. Do any of you know of any great rides in that area of the state?

Thanks,
David

Three of my favorites are the road up South Mountain, the road to Suaro Lake, and the road to Tortilla Flats and beyond to Roosevelt dam.

Voni
sMiling

...and the road to Tortilla Flats and beyond to Roosevelt dam.

Voni
sMiling

aka the apache trail -- woo-HOO!!! (the last part is unpaved/sand but rideable on any bike.

also check out az87 north to payson, az260 east to springerville and us191 south (the coronado trail... unbelievable!)

az78 east from three-way into nm ain't too shabby, either.

ian

Last edited:
Just remember that in early Feb it will be cold in the higher elevations!

If you have the time, ride Rt 60 into Globe then turn NW on Rt 188 up to Payson, continue on Rt 87 past Strawberry and go W on RT 260 into Cottonwood. Follow the signs for Jerome (beware of the 270 degree turn downtown) and route 89A into Prescott (be sure to stop on Main St and soak up the vibes). Come out the "back side" of Prescott on 89A and into Wickenburg on Rt 93. It is a straight shot from there back in to the valley. Plenty of photo ops and curves as well as elevation changes.\

Enjoy! :brad

x2 on the Aztec Trail...great scenery from Globe to Roosevelt Lake to Apache Lake to Tortilla Flat to Apache Junction...might be a little loose and sandy on a road bike though...:thumb

Tucson is Warm

I would agree with staying at the lower elevations. A good day trip would take highway 79 from Apache Junction to Tucson then take Speedway Blvd. west from I-10 over the mountains (Gates Pass) to Old Tucson, the Desert Museum and Saguaro Nat'l Monument. Beautiful country.

Oak Creek Canyon is beautiful between Sedona and Flagstaff, but take your tire chains this time of year.

Back