Thread: A meandering ride south of Denver

CO_G30

A meandering ride south of Denver

A gorgeous day here in the Front Range, rode with temps in the 40s to high 50s. Cruised mainly in the south metro area of Denver and a bit further south as well. More details in the blog. Here's a couple of pics of the snow on the ground, but not on the roads which were dry with wet spots where snow was melting from the accumulations on the sides of the roads.

No, that's water, not ice on the road....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice picture. Nice bike!

CO_G30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nice picture. Nice bike!
    Hi Rich, you getting a chance to ride up there in ND?

dom

Nope, not lately. I can deal with 15 degree temps for short rides, but snow and ice are something I wait out. It sounds like it will warm up here shortly, so maybe soon.

I've been keeping an eye on your blog, it's been interesting reading. Isn't Denver due for another snowstorm? It looks like you have it all figured out on how to get some riding in regardless.

CO_G30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nope, not lately. I can deal with 15 degree temps for short rides, but snow and ice are something I wait out. It sounds like it will warm up here shortly, so maybe soon.

I've been keeping an eye on your blog, it's been interesting reading. Isn't Denver due for another snowstorm? It looks like you have it all figured out on how to get some riding in regardless.
    --well, there IS a method to my madness...or should I say to my possible demise?

I mean, sure I have a way out, and the roads are mostly dry, but commuting to/from work today, there were some moments when I cam upon a wide expanse of wet road from melting snow that made me slow down and wonder about black ice.

No issues but I'll be glad when all the snow is gone, it's melting quite nicely but there's just so much of it that we're not used to having hang around for so long.

And yes, more snow predicted for the weekend, must make sure I have plenty of gas for the snow thrower....more than likely though, it'll be the "normal" snow we're used to getting which dissapears in a day or two. I hope so anyways.