• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who Rode Today (besides me)?

Holly

Amma
Not Likely

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings
Warnings
City of Hamilton
9:42 PM EST Saturday 3 February 2007
Wind chill warning for
City of Hamilton continued

..Wind chill of minus 30 expected tonight and Sunday morning..

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Winds as strong as 70 gusting to 110 km/h will be felt in areas along the eastern shore of Lake Erie this evening. The winds should die down below warning criteria tonight.

Very cold Arctic air has reached the lower Great Lakes. As a result snow squalls have developed over the areas adjacent to eastern Lake Ontario and will continue into this evening when they will move southwards. Southwesterly winds of 50 km/h with gusts to 80 km/h accompanying these squalls will cause whiteout conditions. In the Picton - Sandbanks region winds could be as high as 70 gusting to 90 km/h.

Snow squalls east of Georgian Bay will continue giving additional snow amounts of 20 to 30 centimetres in some localities. This evening these squalls should gradually shift southwards.

Caution is advised as travel will be hazardous in the warned areas due to local whiteout conditions in falling and blowing snow.

Increasingly cold air has arrived from the west. Low temperatures combined with winds of 40 km/h with gusts to 60 km/h will give wind chill values near minus 30 tonight and Sunday morning in areas of southwestern Ontario away from the Great Lakes.

I rode up to Lake Okeechobee

but it only got up to the mid 70s.But Thursday tied record for Miami and broke
Ft. Lauderdale's-87 & 89. The a/c has been on every day since I moved back on June 1.The wx was great for the Super Bowl parties on South Beach.:buds

Holly, I share your pain. I took this photo during those -30 wind chills you talk about. And not from my bike......

127462209-L.jpg

Have I mentioned how much you guys in California and Florida suck?

:hide

Winter finally caught up with us here in western PA. It was -1 F here this a.m. when we went out to feed the horses. Wind chill around -15 F. The high for today is forecast for 9 F. and we have about 7 inches of snow on the ground and they haven't been able to get the ice off of the back roads.

This morning at 8am it was -4; wind chill in the -20's. Too cold to ride, even for me!

Yesterday afternoon, 1/2 inch of snow fell very quickly, and the wind turned it into whiteout conditions. I passed one accident on the highway that had just occurred (3 cars), but heard later there was a 21 vehicle pileup about 45 minutes South of here. Two people died, in that one. Pretty nasty here, for sure!

I wish my house had better insulation!!

Pacific Coast Highway. 60ish. I got out yesterday and today for a ride for the first time in a month.

Yup

I rode today... Beautiful sunny day here in PA.. 19 degrees with winds 10 to 15 mph.. wonderful riding weather Had to try out my new BMG Discovery jacket.. It worked very well and kept me warm for the 45 minutes I was out. However my finger tips did get a bit cold.. Guess Ill be looking for some new gloves..

Every day is a good day to ride

I rode to work, as usual. I save a bunch on gasoline and have a little fun doing it.

Rode today in northern VA. It was cold though. Early morning was 6 degrees. I didn't leave the house until 11:00 a.m. It was 18 degrees. Thank goodness for Gerbing's heated jacket liner and pants. I think heated gloves are in the near future. :thumb

Ride

I rode to the office this morning, a nice balmy 46 degrees and sunshine. Last Saturday, got caught in the rain without my rain gear with 56 degree's. All in all, it was still a decent ride with the heated grips. Glad I live in the South during this time of year...............

Back