• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride To Rally from Pacific Northwest

C

Cycle_Gator

I am a relative newcomer to BMWMOA and this is my first post:doh

I have never been to an International Rally and am considering riding to Wisconsin this summer. I am in search of someone else (or elses) who also wants to go but would like to ride along with another member headed the same way. I would be leaving from the Seattle area and am thinking about a three day ride, about 700 miles per day. I have just begun to look at routes and options, but can either plan it, use your plan, or work together on a plan

I ride a 2004 K1200RS.

If you are interested, either post a reply or send me an e-mail directly.

Thanks

Tim Payne
aka, Cycle_Gator

Look for the local BMW club in your area. Odds are a group will already be planning to ride out to the rally.

Welcome

Never a bad time to start doing this! Its fun travelling and enjoying the rallies, via bikes. I've done this for over thirty years now and it has all been good to great. Ca. here and will probably be heading north through Washington and Canada with my spouse. We tow a trailer behind a KLT1200, for extra creature comfort when camping. We travel far and short days, depending on the mood and moon! Full moons make for nice night riding. I also ride a R100 sometimes, which made the Vermont trip in '06. 10000+ miles for this one(rally) and it was sweet. The bike has 300000 on it! All mine:thumb . Anyhow, welcome to what has been and still is a great adventure lifestyle, for those of us willing to do the extra in life. Happy Trails, Randy/Polarbear13233:usa

Well I MAY be going to the rally. I'm originally from La Crosse WI so it would be a chance to see family but it all depends on if I can get the time off from work. I live in Eugene now so I'm close to ya and I'd probally do it in 3 days one way and take more time the other.
We'd just have to stop in La Crosse for some catfish and good beer :drink
Maybe I'd go through the Teton's one way, haven't been there yet.

I am a relative newcomer to BMWMOA and this is my first post:doh

I have never been to an International Rally and am considering riding to Wisconsin this summer. I am in search of someone else (or elses) who also wants to go but would like to ride along with another member headed the same way. I would be leaving from the Seattle area and am thinking about a three day ride, about 700 miles per day. I have just begun to look at routes and options, but can either plan it, use your plan, or work together on a plan

I ride a 2004 K1200RS.

If you are interested, either post a reply or send me an e-mail directly.

Thanks

Tim Payne
aka, Cycle_Gator

We will be leaving Bellingham July 7 heading East through Canada, around the North Shore of Lake Superior, South through Michigan to Grand Rapids then back across the lake to Milwaukee on the ferry.

:wave Gator (Welcome)

Down in Taco-ma, don't know if I'm going yet but if I do, I wouldn't mind riding with someone else. I ride maybe more than 700 miles/day or I don't think about it.

We'll figure out a plan later...

Russ

PM with your info and we can talk.

Back