• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

broken clock - warranty item?

U

USERNAME

i'll ask here before i ask any official service people...

the clock on my '02 1150ra is only right twice a day. :D

i just got the bike from another guy, and im new to the whole world of warranties. everything else i've owned was older than heck and had no warranty. but now i've got one and i don't want to pay for stuff i dont have to pay for.

so is the clock something thats covered? i've got coverage until april '04, btw.

(or maybe it's a law that clocks on vehicles *never* work? that was something i got used to driving around in an oldsmobuick. im hoping this is different.)

thanks,

lee
austin, tx
2002 r1150ra

sounds like a warranty item to me.

Love your, ahem, username and custom text.

:lol

Yup

The clock on our F650GSL is fast, so they are replacing the cluster to fix it. It is under warranty.

thanks

thanks a lot for the speedy replies.

so i'll tack on another question - does it matter who takes the bike in for a warranty item? or do i just walk in with the original bill of sale (which i have) that shows the date of purchase and hence that the bike is still under warranty (4k miles) and they dont hassle me and they just repair it? or do i have to go through a bunch of rigormorole to get the warranty transferred to my name?

kbasa - when i join a forum, i'm always torn. do i think of something clever for a username? do i use my [gasp!] real name? and then i think, 'this is stupid. i'll just pick something that i know will not be taken.'

and interestingly enough, 'username' is always available. :D

the custom user text was something i added to properly convey my unique (and oh so interesting) personality. (or lack thereof.)

thanks,

lee

Back