• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

07 1200rt Dead Dead Dead

S

screamineagle

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my brand new R1200RT with 90 miles on the clock died last night on the Pa turnpike. It was five days old. I rode it home from the dealer on friday afternoon. Parked in the garage and the weather went to crap until wednesday. Wednesday morning bright blue sky and sunshine temp 31. So I rolled my new pride out of the garage and set out to visit my daughter near Pittsburgh. Sixty miles later on the turnpike the motor quit. I pulled over to the berm andturned the key off for about 2 minutes. After 2 min turned the key on and the bike started but with the worst noise eminating from the engine that you can imagine. My dealer sent a truck and trailer to pick me up and when we got to the dealer they unloaded my new bike and provided me with a used bike to ride home. The used bike, my 2004 R1150RT that I traded. By the time we got back to the dealer the store was closed, so nothing will be known until today some time. If anyone is interrested I will post the results when I learn them.

Billy Bad Luck (my new user name):violin

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my brand new R1200RT with 90 miles on the clock died last night on the Pa turnpike. It was five days old. I rode it home from the dealer on friday afternoon. Parked in the garage and the weather went to crap until wednesday. Wednesday morning bright blue sky and sunshine temp 31. So I rolled my new pride out of the garage and set out to visit my daughter near Pittsburgh. Sixty miles later on the turnpike the motor quit. I pulled over to the berm andturned the key off for about 2 minutes. After 2 min turned the key on and the bike started but with the worst noise eminating from the engine that you can imagine. My dealer sent a truck and trailer to pick me up and when we got to the dealer they unloaded my new bike and provided me with a used bike to ride home. The used bike, my 2004 R1150RT that I traded. By the time we got back to the dealer the store was closed, so nothing will be known until today some time. If anyone is interrested I will post the results when I learn them.

Hell yes I want an update I just rolled past 350 miles on mine, so far so good but shoot I would think we'd be worry free until at least the break in service when the dealer touches it . . . :doh

Good Luck!

Wez

Dear Billy Bad Luck,

That's a Beemer bummer. :mad

The only bright side to all of this is that they can not blame it on you. Whatever it takes to fix it will be done under warranty. Better now than when it is out of your pocket.

Still is a big disappointment and I think you are showing great restraint in your discussion.

Best of luck to a speedy resolution.

That's a bummer . I have a 2005 with 15,000 miles on her . Best bike I have ever owned . Your dealer should be all over it . Keep us posted .

Sorry to hear about that. Got 11,000 on my 05 RT would be very interested to hear what happened. Good luck!!

What a total "bummah" as they'd say in the New England states... I think we'd definitely like to hear what the diagnosis is... Sounds like your dealer is really doing their best to help!

Curious to hear from you. Mine is a red 2006 R1200RT with already 13,000 miles on it. I ride a lot and so far it has been a superb machine and served me well. Am contemplating a 5000 mile ride this summer and also visit the BMW rally in Wisconsin. Hope alls well and it just was a loose electrical gizmo.:)

Curious to hear from you. Mine is a red 2006 R1200RT with already 13,000 miles on it. I ride a lot and so far it has been a superb machine and served me well. Am contemplating a 5000 mile ride this summer and also visit the BMW rally in Wisconsin. Hope alls well and it just was a loose electrical gizmo.:)

Who is your dealer? I'd be happy with the 2004 R1150RT!

Hey BBL, aka screamin eagle,

Want to buy a '06 K1200GT to ride while you regain your confidence in your RT? :stick

Sorry to hear that, though.

Back