• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1100 - 1133 Mortonic Error Code

rkildu

Requesting a little tech Guru Assistance.

On the K11OG forum is a thread about testing the motronic codes by grounding pin 1 on diagnistic connecter and reading the codes on the temp light. After some fiddleing around I finally got it to work. The problem is I keep getting an 1133 code, which says there is a problem with the Hall Effect sensors. The bike is running just fine. It is also noted that the 1133 code can be ambiguous(sp?)

I tried turning the engine over, and even running it, but I can't clear that code. The thread says that this method will only show one code at a time, and that you clear each in turn until you get a 4444 code, that means everything is fine.

So my question is does it show the most severe code first? And can I assume everything else is fine?

It's not that I am any problems with the bike, I just wanted to check everything.

thanks
Rod

You need to crank the engine (without starting) and then read the code while the key is still on. If you are still getting the HES fault, then you might have something wrong.

Back