• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I want some good beer and lobsters...

scargs

So I decided to set off at the end of last September to head east for some good beer, lobsters and see some old friends.
Bikes loaded, tanks full and ready to roll:

110655295-M.jpg

I got to cruise my favorite road in PA, good old rt. 666

110655317-M.jpg

I got to camp near PA's "Grand Canyon"

110655329-M.jpg

Camped again in my favorite campground in NY "Lake Eaton" just south of Tupper Lake

110655387-M.jpg

110655497-M.jpg

Got to play a little golf in up in Jackson, NH were my wifey used to work:

110655660-M.jpg

Then I rode down to the coast to meet my buddy at the dock on Mir Point

110655705-M.jpg

Then we crossed the bay over to Birch Isle where their camp is

110655712-M.jpg

Passed his wife and her friend on the way

110655766-M.jpg

Stopped at the main dock to pick up dinner (at a reasonable price I might add)

110655893-M.jpg

Which was delivered by this gentleman

110655881-M.jpg

Off his trusty boat

110655904-M.jpg

And had this lovely view for dinner that night being entertained by the seals "herding" up fish in the cove

110655869-M.jpg

I still was in the mood for some good "fresh" beer, so I headed back to the north country the next day, stopping by Lovewell Pond where I used to live (still wish I had that place)

110659425-M.jpg

And arrived at my favorite brewery (that I helped start up with some friends a few years ago)

110659463-M.jpg

Had to do an inventory check and see how production has been going

110659472-M.jpg

We have the greatest beer label in the business!

110659498-M.jpg

And had to do a few "quality checks" on the products with my old friend "Nik" on the left and the guy that took my old job "Roy" on the right

110659564-M.jpg

It was good to see the NY mountains heading back into NY state at crown point,

110659607-M.jpg

Got a minute in PA to take a break heading back across Allegehny Park

110659625-M.jpg

And I returned home a happy camper/golfer/rider/beer drinker/lobster eating guy!

Last edited:
Very cool ride report: brief text, lots of cool pictures, interesting destination. Thanks for having us along! :drink

great report, never had their brews though, will need to try it!

That sure ain't the pizza delivery guy and his beat up p.o.s.!

Great ride report. Loved the pics!

Tracy

I have had the beer its good. You are right it is a cool label. I still have an empty bottle on the shelf at the camp! Its cool to know someone who helped start it !

Nice Pics, thanks for sharing.

Excellent ride report, very nice photos and perfect timing to post it! I took up skiiing a few winters ago--it's the only thing that makes winters "enjoyable" for me; but nothing compares to those Spring or Autumn rides like the one you had. Congrats on making it happen, and thanks for sharing it!

Tuckerman Brewing Co.

If you are passing through the Mount Washtington Valley, try to take the time to stop by the brewery and take a tour. I met Kirsten and Nik back in the mid 90's when we all worked together at Attitash Bear Peak ski area. We spent many a cold day back at the low speed quad chair on Bear Peak discussing ideas for the brewery and finalizing the business plan.

Nik had a dream to be the first Micro in the North Conway, NH area, and he made it happen as the brewmaster/engineer. Kirsten (Mrs. Nik) is his number one support person, and she has managed the business since it's inception. They met and are both graduates of Marlborough College in VT.

Their business plan is succeding, from hard effort and not trying to get too big too fast. They have also been very committed to putting the profits back into the business rather than their lifestyle. Great people making a great product.

www.tuckermanbrewing.com is their web site, and if you stop by tell them Scar (it's where I got my nickname) sent you and thanks for reading my post!:drink

110659514-M.jpg

I spent a summer near Tupper Lake as a kid, have some great memories. Your ride report makes me think it's time to head back up that way to refresh those memories! Thanks for sharing your trip.

john1691
2000 K1200RS

Back