Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth

The big global warming will come from the presses printing all the money the politicians will claim we have to pay in taxes to solve this non-problem. Heck, even the UN has now admitted that methane and amonia from grazing cattle are a bigger problem than CO2 from SUVs.

Quote Originally Posted by R80andR100RT View Post
    The big global warming will come from the presses printing all the money the politicians will claim we have to pay in taxes to solve this non-problem. Heck, even the UN has now admitted that methane and amonia from grazing cattle are a bigger problem than CO2 from SUVs.
    Even if the cattle are causing this, it's still our fault. We are breeding so many to keep up with demand for meat. We will have to moooove from a beef-based economy to a chicken-based one. Surely it's just a complex ploy by both the left and right wings of the chicken government.

Now where did I put that steak???

There is a lot of technology out there that our government does not want people to get their hands on. Do you realize the economic implications if we could fuel internal combustion engines with water?
    I strongly feel that the technology is out there for such a fuel. I also feel that there is a cure for cancer and AIDS. Look at the economic implications on the pharmecutical companies?
    It seems as though our government is withholding valuable information on a certain number of technological breakthroughs. I could go on for years on a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories.
    I guess all we can do is enjoy what we have now. It may not be here tomorrow. I
    pity the future.

Carp'e De Im
    PC
    BMW Touring Club Detroit, Ambassador
    BMWMOAF, Past Director
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote
    2017 National Rally Co-Chair, Salt Lake City, Utah

Quote Originally Posted by patcarol View Post
    It seems as though our government is withholding valuable information on a certain number of technological breakthroughs. I could go on for years on a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories.
    Ever notice that if you're rich and have HIV, you can now live (seemingly) for a very, VERY long time. Think Magic Johnson. There is more money in a treatment, than a cure. I wonder if this is the direction cancer is going; soon you'll just have to take 30 pills a day to keep it from getting worse, and you can live a "normal" life. "Normal" if you are a millionaire to afford the drugs, of course.

I think I'll start lining my helmet with aluminum foil.

Heck, even the UN has now admitted that methane and amonia from grazing cattle are a bigger problem than CO2 from SUVs.
    Yeah, that because the UN knows that EACH AND EVERY coal fired power plant built emits more CO2 in a year than ALL THE VEHICLES SOLD BY GM that same year. SUVs are a comparitively small part of the pollution problem- and you can thank the emissions restrictions passed by our law makers for that.

I don't know what to say about the cows. Perhaps we should eat them.