Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Ideal M/C Friendly B&B or Inn Would Be.......?

My Ideal M/C Friendly B&B or Inn Would Be.......?

... as part of a local discussion regarding the development of 'motorcycle friendly' B&Bs and Inns in non-urban areas I did a brief net search for characteristics. Usual things like safe place for bike, maintenance facility, bike washing facility, hot tub, laundry, etc were mentioned. Not a lot of info really. I think that this forum might be an excellent place for developing the ideal composite and/or list. My question is: If you were choosing a B&B or Inn as part of your travel plans, what would be 'Must Have' considerations and what be 'Nice To Have' considerations. (structure and amenities)

Think of locale as rural, ocean, historical and modestly maintained roads with lots of curves. -Bob
    Last edited by tourunigo; 01-22-2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

My Ideal M/C Friendly B&B or Inn Would Be.......?
    ... in the Italian Dolomites!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

HONDARIDER
    hmmmm...

a hose and a well lit garage would be nice...
    a long porch littered with rocking chairs...
    the night sounds of crickets and loons in August...
    a home cooked meal...

...and that farmer's daughter we're always hearing about

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Will be going back here in the Spring. The Almalfi Coast in Italy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This Ain't No Italy but..........

ok....so we can't built an Italian community but we do sit on the doorstep of Cape Breton and the wonderful Cabot Trail. Many, many other sites of course. However, if I built THE motorcycle traveller Inn, B&B, Guest House and/or Campground on a river flowing with the adjacent ocean harbor..... what would you expect us to provide and, if we could, what extra perks might be interesting? I have to have this all figured out by March. -Bob
    Bob Weber
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

HONDARIDER
    Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail...my dream destination for the past 10 years or so...I've yet to make it past New Brunswick...a new biker-friendly inn might make for a premier destination...

...I suppose the farmer's daughter thing is off the table?

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

On the way

RedRider and Statdawg and myself are planning a Cabot Trail ride in September. Look forward to seeing your corner of the world at that time. Anyone else is welcome to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    RedRider and Statdawg and myself are planning a Cabot Trail ride in September. Look forward to seeing your corner of the world at that time. Anyone else is welcome to come along.
    September? Man, you're brave!

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    ok....so we can't built an Italian community but we do sit on the doorstep of Cape Breton and the wonderful Cabot Trail. Many, many other sites of course. However, if I built THE motorcycle traveller Inn, B&B, Guest House and/or Campground on a river flowing with the adjacent ocean harbor..... what would you expect us to provide and, if we could, what extra perks might be interesting? I have to have this all figured out by March. -Bob
    Sweet!

I'd like a place to sit in the evenings around a campfire with fellow riders.

Food on site for the evening meal would be a plus.

And is it too much to ask for a masseur?

Voni
    sMiling and remembering Margaree Forks
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    If you're really into catering to the crowd, I would have a nice old wooden structure with lots of light, power, air, wash facilities (hands and arms, not parts), lifts (a couple, at least, with soft straps), fluids (oils, filters, only the basics, and a way to attach consumed items to your lodging bill), and an attendant (not a mechanic, just a trustworthy high-school kid to watch your stuff) until about 8 or 9 PM. I'd have a set of the common tools that any metric (or other) rider would need. This is so easy, it's non-negotiable if you have the rest of the above. My local Advance Auto, for example, has a cart, just one, that has everything anyone needs for common service, sockets, drives, extensions, wrenches, screwdrivers and the like, and the riders you are talking about would treat them and clean them as if they were their own. Shop use charge for fluid changes to cover your enviro/disposal bill. People would be glad to pay for the use of such a place. You would quickly discern which fluids to carry. My $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post

And is it too much to ask for a masseur?

Voni
    sMiling
    Yes!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Yes!
    Lighten up, Paul. First the masseur, then the DANCING GIRLS!

How did we get from wrenches to dancing girls?
    This is how it starts, next politics and/or religion will creep in and BAM!, off to the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    How did we get from wrenches to dancing girls?
    This is how it starts, next politics and/or religion will creep in and BAM!, off to the doghouse.

Oh sure - a Republican Methodist masseur and two nice Libertarian Lutheran dancing girls, and we're all going to be out of here for sure.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Life is too short to waste energy on anger, methinks.
    Lighten up folks and enjoy, ya know?

I have been disappointed lately to watch some threads quickly degenerate into hostile exchange.

My $.02.

Peace!

Wez