• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Something Very Different

something different

Not that I really care but wouldn't a radial engine in that configuration have some heat dispersement issues?

Not to worry about it! The total loss castor oil lubrication system would soon take your mind completely off the heat problem. :brow

Friedle

Not that I really care but wouldn't a radial engine in that configuration have some heat dispersement issues?

...I think that there is a video of this thing in operation somewhere. Very short run. Heat....least of my worries. I used to think that having one cylinder aimed at my crotch was a concern but this thing?......... if the first one don't getcha.... -Bob

It's neat to know that even back in the Roarin 20's their were people who thought outside the box. :thumb

Not to worry about it! The total loss castor oil lubrication system would soon take your mind completely off the heat problem. :brow

Friedle

Friedle is right.

During WWI it was also discovered that the vapors of Castor Oil had an extreme laxative effect. Not quite sure what action those early pilots were able to take.

Back