• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rifle Fairings

It looks pretty good. I had the stock plexi fairing but, even with spacers from the web bike world site the head - buffeting was just too much so I pulled it and ride naked. Sounds like yours might be the answer. :german

With the short windscreen my head is out in the flow, and I don't notice much (if any) buffeting. It's a lot noisier though! Jury is still out on the taller windscreen, since I only did one short ride with it.

I'm wondering how well it would fit with "C" bars?

It fits fine with the "C" bars. In fact, that's what I put on my bike when the "S" bars didn't work out.

The big fit problem was around the turn signals, and I had to do a fair amount of trimming to get the fairing to clear them. I didn't enjoy having to cut into a brand new fairing...

Even the old airhead "S" faring was frame mounted.

nope. all R series 'S' fairings were mounted off the fork tubes.

just out of curiosity, why did you go for the Rifle if you were already riding a 'C' model? They don't strike me as very different in appearance or function. What, if anything, was the gain?

just out of curiosity, why did you go for the Rifle if you were already riding a 'C' model? They don't strike me as very different in appearance or function. What, if anything, was the gain?

For some reason, my "C" didn't have a fairing, but the big BMW windshield instead. It was getting pretty yellow and cracked, so instead of just replacing it (I never really cared for the look of it), I decided to go with the fairing.

For some reason, my "C" didn't have a fairing, but the big BMW windshield instead. It was getting pretty yellow and cracked, so instead of just replacing it (I never really cared for the look of it), I decided to go with the fairing.

IIRC, the earliest K75s came in 3 versions- the 'S' with the frame mounted fairing the 'C' with the forktube mounted cockpit fairing, and the 'T' which exchanged the C fairing for a larger windshield and non-integrated turn signals. The 'S' also cme with some suspension & brake differences over the other models.
Sounds like you have a 'T' model.

Went and did it...

Well... with all the praise and good reveiws i went and dropped the hammer for the sport fairing with 15" lt grey tint windscreen. I hope it gets here before the cold fronts start moving down. (should help with the wind chill.) I exitedly await..:boldpurpl

Result

Well... with all the praise and good reveiws i went and dropped the hammer for the sport fairing with 15" lt grey tint windscreen. I hope it gets here before the cold fronts start moving down. (should help with the wind chill.) I exitedly await..:boldpurpl

I've been searching for a smallish sport style fairing for my R100R and saw you got the Rifle. How do/did you like it?

Welcome to the forum Matt.
Pretty old thread. You may get some “new” answers seeing the thread has been brought up again.
Good luck.
Gary

Does anyone have a 'T' fairing on their bike? Does anyone have a 'T' fairing for sale?

If anyone can help this member out, please remember “for sale” or “want to buy” is really reserved for the marketplace.
Good luck.
OM

Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are looking for a Rifle fairing, you can find them here: https://rifle.com/

A "T" is a model of a K75. It is just a plexiglass bar mounted windscreen. If that is what you want, you would be better off looking for a windscreen for an R100R, not a K75, since that is what you said you have. The factory K75T windscreen is the same as the factory R100R windscreen and is still available through BMW. But the mounting brackets are different between the R100 and the K75.

This section of the forum (Flying Bricks) is for early K bikes.

Your bike is an Airhead. You should go to that section for questions regarding your bike.

As per the posting guidelines, requests for parts from members should be posted in the "Marketplace", not in this section of the forum.
http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/?tabid=137

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back