Thread: head sets

jeffhutt

head sets

can anyone recommend a good comunication head set system,, for voice rider to rider and ability to add ipod or similiar?? thanks .

Autocom. Pro-7 Sport is what I have but I think it has been superseded by a new model.
    Cat Televangelist; "and Morris brought down from the sofa the 10 entitlements!"

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    +1 to AutoComm
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhutt
    can anyone recommend a good comunication head set system,, for voice rider to rider and ability to add ipod or similiar?? thanks .
    I think many are very good, but Baehr is really top notch...although I have never used one, I did have a friend who was mobile cell phone with a Baehr system in Canada somewhere and couldn't tell he was riding at the time.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Kadison55
    +1 to what Brad said.

mrich12000

Head sets

Quote Originally Posted by cjack
    I think many are very good, but Baehr is really top notch...although I have never used one, I did have a friend who was mobile cell phone with a Baehr system in Canada somewhere and couldn't tell he was riding at the time.
    Chuk
    I normaly wear an open face helmut do you know what type to get for my kenwood 2mt thanks QSY.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrich12000
    Chuk
    I normaly wear an open face helmut do you know what type to get for my kenwood 2mt thanks QSY.
    No. I don't do any vhf/uhf much and never mobile, but I would think that what works for FRS that Autocom or Baehr have would work reasonably well. I think they both have noise cancelling, etc. J & M too.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Rally Rat

I'll second that!

I have a Baehr system, and it is top notch.....albeit expensive. Highly recommended for sound quality, and for capability.

User
    Quote Originally Posted by mrich12000 View Post
    Chuk
    Hello, W6EZ here.

I set up a Kenwood ht with my autocom and it workd quite well simplex but when I tried to use it through a repeater the audio from my transmissions was quite low. I went inside the autocom adapter cable and messed around with different values on the cap. that is in there until I got nice strong audio through the repeaters.

IF all you want is bike to bike, with no intercom, you can get a headset kit from Ham Radio Outlet. They have models that are intended to be used in a helmet. I bought one of these for a friend of mine and it works very well.

73!
    Berry Griffin
    Modesto CA

mrich12000
    Quote Originally Posted by mrich12000 View Post
    Chuk
    Thanks Chuck and Berry
    VE 3CEH
    Last edited by mrich12000; 01-05-2007 at 05:54 AM. Reason: addition

ditto on Autocomm. Run my XM2 thru headset/helmet speakers. Also have used same w/ipod. Allows great communication between rider and passenger, when riding 2-up.

Again on the Autocom. I've got XM, GPS, iPod and fone hooked up to it. Priority channels work good and from all accounts people don't know I'm on a bike when they call. Makes playin hooky from work to ride so much easier..