• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back Pack for Digital SLR and lenses

04r1150rs

ONE LESS HARLEY
I was out the other day hicking w/ my Cannon digital SLR and ONE telephoto lense, wish I had the wide angle, and got to thinking that it would be nice to have a back pack to hold the camera and two or three lenses. That way it wouldn't have to be strung over my shoulder.
The back pack should be small enough to go in a saddle bag along with the rest of my gear as it will be going on a trip with me out West after the MOA rally, and possibley to the top of the Rockies rally two weeks after (a two week trip out west).
Just looking for any advice on what others might be using and where to look.

Thanks and happy New Year!

I use the Tamrac zoom 19. Its a holster and good for a 10"(?) lens. My 20/500 is shoe horned in with body off. I also have a 18/200 that's no problem w body on.

I wear it on my chest when "flower sniffin" for fast access without dismount.

I also have a Tamrac adventure backpack that can carry a monopod.

I like the Tamrac system because you can carry a pouches for lens, P&S cam, water bottle, etc. on the outside, easily accessable.

BTW, the holster was bungeed to the outside of my travel bag and survived high speeds for long periods.

Got this one from Santa

Their website

Perfect for photojournalists, the SlingShot 200 AW uses a unique sling design to go from "carry mode" to "ready mode" in just seconds. Carried comfortably on the back, it easily rotates to the front so you can get to your camera quickly. The SlingShot 200 AW holds an SLR with mid-range zoom lens attached 3-4 extra lenses, cables and accessories and has a full access lid to make loading it a snap. This feature-rich bag also includes a built-in memory card pouch, micro fiber LCD cloth and two generous organizer pockets. It's certain to surprise even the most demanding photojournalists.

Attachments

• Slingshot200_equip_left_N.jpg
    Slingshot200_equip_left_N.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 221
Back