• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

Yes there is wireless in the Javits center. Yes it is expensive. Yes it sucks.

I would recommend string and dixie cups.

Ten Items for the Big GIG

Last Year’s New York International Motorcycle Show drew nearly 80,000 attendees, and this installment looks to be even bigger. That is why lunch, dinner and the ever popular Faux Forums are on Friday. Saturday and Sunday are for people that love closeness. Fuggettaboutit

If you bring these 10 items, your visit will more more comfortable and perhaps more profitable.

1. A backpack to hold all the gadgets, swag and key chain give aways. There will be a few freebies especially slick paper handouts, free catalogs and a FREE mad map. You can also expect free magazines, free newspapers but no free lunch.
Fuggettaboutit

2. Your mobile device. We may need them to round up all the cats when we head to dinner. We can trade numbers at O'Farrells.

3. Your camera of course with extra batteries. I will bring an image transfer device and, if you wish, pool your images. A CD, Thanks StatDawg, will be sent to anyone who contributes images to the pool. Pictures will be used with credit for an ON article are forum posts.

4. Credit cards. If you are coming from a distance be sure to call the credit card company ahead of time to let them know about the down payment you are making on the new Beemer or Ural.

5. Very comfortable walking shoes. As I recall there is not place to sit down at the Javits Center. Keep on walking for several hours.

6. A notebook and pen/pencil. What youse thinks you can remember later? Fuggettaboutit

7. Granola bars and other gedunk. Don't leave home with a couple of bottles of chill water in backpack. Water at Javitts costs about $2.50 a bottle. I think there is one water fountain just near the exit. Pay the high prices inside? Fuggettaboutit

8. Business cards and mailing labels. The cards are to hand out to friends and or vendors. The mailing labels are for entering all those contests and giveaways. What, no cards? Visit www.vistaprint.com for free cards. Pay for business cards? Heh, wattsamatter wityou? Fuggettaboutit

9. Weather forecast is for nipply weather. Hat and gloves are in order. You think those warm temps are coming back soon? Fuggettaboutit

10. Name Badge. Names will be taken.

Get youse act together. Pack tonight. You gonna wait for da last New York Minute? Fuggettaboutit

January 19-21, 2007
Adult $15.00 • Child $5.00
Friday 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday 9:30am - 5:00pm

Special Features for the NYC Motorcycle Show.

The world's tallest and smallest motorcycles.

A Suzuki Giveaway. You can enter online if you are not attending the Big GIG

The World's Fastest Motorcycle. BUB Streamliner - World's Fastest Motorcycle
Chris Carr, 7-time AMA Grand National Champion, piloted the BUB Enterprises Streamliner to a record 350.884 MPH at the 2006 International Motorcycle Speed Trials held at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah September 7.

A Free Mad Map.
All show participants get a free MAD MAP! The MAD MAPS scouts have found the nation's most scenic roads plus the favorite roadhouses and stops along the way - all you need to do is saddle up and enjoy. With MAD MAPS the ride is the destination. For rides near you, visit the MAD MAPS website at www.madmaps.com or call toll free (877) MAD-7899. Free is good.

Mike is waiting to say hello.

Attachments

• bloomberg.jpg
    bloomberg.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Anybody you needs to connect wirelessly is welcome to stop by my office and use the conference room and our wireless connection. 424 west 33rd Street , Lower Level

My Apple PB came stock with extra string, but I had to shell out for aftermarket Dixie Cups!

Paul, that's an awfully LARGE photo of der Mayor. I thought I was already swilling Sangria! :hungover

Anybody you needs to connect wirelessly is welcome to stop by my office and use the conference room and our wireless connection. 424 west 33rd Street , Lower Level
Snoone is the man! Great eye candy ÔÇörock postersÔÇö on his office wall, too.

Hey!
Dis Iz De Big GIG

The picture of the mayor is a bit large but he promised extra swag for show goers! Lots of free stuff. Bring a back back folks. Count on cheesy plastic bags to hold all your swag and chotskies.?

Fuggettaboutit

Snoone - Thank you!

The Big GIG Is In Sight

Times Square
Crossroads of the World

The SO has a few final questions about NYC. The SO wants to know:

1. What festivals or events are taking place in and around New York City?
2. How do I get a message (marriage proposals, birthday wishes, etc.) put up on a giant billboard in Times Square?
3. Where and when can I see the ball lowered on New Year's Eve?
4. What kind of family-friendly activities are available in Times Square?
5. What are some good places to dine in Times Square?
6. How can I receive information (maps, guides, etc.) prior to my arrival in Times Square?
7. What are the locations and hours of the TKTS booth for the sale of theater tickets?
8. What are the key shopping areas in New York City?
9. What's the best way to see New York City?

The SO has questions about Times Square and the Big GIG says go here for answers.

The Big GIG will soon be over and the SO wants more activities for the family.

1) See a great animated film
2) Go hear some free music
3) Visit the Statue of Liberty (and Ellis Island)
4) Take a day trip to the Catskills and visit the Tibetan Monastery
5) Wander into the Queens or Brooklyn Botanical Garden
6) Make sure you join a class at the International Center of Photography
7) Go to a neighborhood you've never visited before--such as Chinatown
8) Discover a book at the New York Public Library
9) Build a bear at the Build-a-Bear Workshop on 5th Avenue.
10) And even if you are all hardened New Yorkers, take a ride (maybe even with out-of-town friends) on a NYC water taxi

Attachments

• times-square-central.jpg
    times-square-central.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 102
I'm going to be in NYC in a week or so for a trade show for my professional industry.

It's going to be a pretty busy four days, so while I'll be there, meeting up with you guys is going to be pretty much impossible between booth duty, client dinners and meetings and, of course, the big party a Certain Monolithic Vendor always puts on.

Hope you guys have fun. I'll try to take some photos while I'm there.

Can you send up some warmer weather? It's always freezing when I'm there.

It's too bad you aren't excited about the "Big Gig". :laugh
In the Chicago area we'll get a visit from the IMS in February. The 9th through the 11th at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.

I can't wait, I hope you folks enjoy yourselves. :thumb

Peace.

Wez

Steal a page from our play book and have fun. Have to have some fun until the sun returns.

Chicago has big broad shoulders. Sandberg said so.

Just figures that after all this anticipation that the forecast for tomorrow is a wintry mix of rain, snow, sleet. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I was very much looking forward to my ride into the city. The prospect of taking a cage is so discouraging. Don't get me wrong....I will be there. Just might not be on my GS. :cry

Around here we usually get forecasted with the crap and it usually misses us to the north. Unfortunately the north is my destination. :banghead :banghead :violin

C U all tomorrow.

The worst thing that can happen is you will ride ride in comfort, safety and warmth. I'm taking the train. A lot of research shows it is easier to have a cup of coffee and take a nap on the train than even on a GS. :p

Either way bring on the new models :kiss

and the chow.:eat

Their will be a couple of prizes at the awards dinner courtesy of MAX :thumb

Yea Brian, take the bus or the train if you can. Much easier commuting than dealing with slush and traffic.

Plus for the post-show festivities... :drink

Yea Brian, take the bus or the train if you can. Much easier commuting than dealing with slush and traffic.

hrmmm, train from new haven...............

Yeah I think I am going to take the train. That puts me in to Penn Station at 12:21

So I will see everyone around 12:45 at O'Farrels.

DAMN WINTER WEATHER. We were in t-shirts last weekend and hot. :banghead

Bright side....I can do a little more...:beer :drink

Decisions. Now it is supposed to be clear and cool tomorrow. Storm is moving right on through.

Take the train and :drink or take the bike and well NOT :drink after O'Farrells.

Big Gig transportation

There will be NO "special awards" given for crashing your bike
either coming to or going home from the Big Gig. Nobody will really give a damn about how you arrive, only that you attend.

Friedle

Back