• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

so did anyone buy a much needed accessory or decide on a new bike... I picked up a new helmet on Sat. to replace my schuberth that self destructed during the warm spell a couple of weeks ago.. I went with the new Shoei Multitec flip up.

Wish I had been there...

Paul and Statdawg- Great pics, thanks for the visuals.

Sorry Bubba, couldn't get yours to come thru.

Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all. Hope to make it next year, and meet you guys in WI !!

Big Gig

Thanks to all the people who organized, contributed to, and viewed this thread.
The show was a Big Success! It was as much a pleasure to say hello to the many current BMW MOA members who stopped by our booth as it was to welcome approximately 60 new members to the MOA family.

My only regret was not being able to join the crew for lunch and dinner on Friday,
although some distinguished members of the MOA "home office" managed to join in the fun.

No Dorothy, it's not Missouri! :)

Friedle

StatDawg has just about everything necessary to make it all a success. Start small and grow but like Nike - Just Do It! :thumb

The International Motorcycle Shows are good draws since they have all the toys and farkle. :bikes

Take lots of pictures to show afterward. Be sure to get name and number of each person in picture for caption use at BMW MOA HQ.

Most important - HAVE FUN The Big GIG had a great time.

And like StatDawg says, we can use the same rally site again and again and again.

Last edited:
While we're waiting for the pages of the calendar to turn to late January 2007, you can get a taste for some of the jabber on the street here in Gotham.

Overheard in New York is a very funny web site that offers some of the most bizarre, hysterical, and mysterious conversations overheard on the sidewalks of our fair city.

A small (rated "G") sample*:

Conductor: This train is very crowded. If you cannot fit, please step back and wait for the next train. If you manage to get onto this very crowded train, look at the person next to you and tell them, "Howdy!"--Queens bound F train

* If you're easily offended by frank, uncensored language, you might not want to click through.

Now that is one hilarious website! thanks for sharing.

Back