• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

PAULBACH

The big GIG - Gather In Gotham & Banish the Blahs :buds

Have bib and tucker, train tickets and discount entry coupons.

Tessler knows the best spots in Gotham. :eat :drink

We will meet at O'Farrell's. Time to be determined by the Mai tre d'

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. :gerg

I nominate Tessler is the ride Meister and Mai tre d'

Is there a second?

Last edited:
snoone said:
Are we going to have to wait for him?
Har-har-hardee-har-har.

Wait for me... Why I oughta!! :D

Okeedoke. We're on for the 19th. But the show doesn't start til 2:00 pm. I say we meet at O'Farrell's prior to the event. Go to the show and then convene to a convenient venue thereafter for post-show victuals and libations. I will be consulting with O'Snoone and O'Bachorz on ye appropriate NYC joint. This might be a job for Uncle Nick's or El Quijote... (considering the potential size of this partay).

This gon' be fun! :hungover

Thank you

Thank you Mr. Tessler. This may be the first "rally" in the middle of a city. Camping probably not a good idea. :ha
New York - so nice they named it twice! :brow

Last edited:
Motto

The big GIG

Gather In Gotham

#1 The EPCOT of Motorcycle Shows
Every
Person
Comes
Out
Tired

Enjoy a New York Trip in one day $54 per day to see 40 attractions

Empire State Building
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
Museum of Modern Art
American Museum of Natural History
The Guggenheim
Madame TussaudÔÇÖs Wax Museum
Brooklyn Museum of Art
NBC Studio Tour
Circleline Sightseeing
Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour
The United Nations Tour
Madison Square Garden All Access Tour

www.newyorkpass.com

Check back every day for another Gotham Goodie

Last edited:
Should we get a t-shirt done?

The mini-rally. Make it an annual thing. The 2006 Gather in Gotham. Ain't much else going on in January. I would like a t-shirt or....a sweatshirt since it is January.

Belquar said:
If this weather continues....we may wear shorts to the show.
I'll have some in my side case, right next to the wool underoos; but no you can't share either, as if it hasn't been jinxed!, I'll be wearing the former and you wouldn't want the sweaty from the road latter.
Regardless, I think we should get our rally T-shirts early this year. Or maybe Tessler will come up with a new Limited Edition NYC design for all those who ride in. :lurk

tessler said:
Har-har-hardee-har-har.

Wait for me... Why I oughta!! :D

Okeedoke. We're on for the 19th. But the show doesn't start til 2:00 pm. I say we meet at O'Farrell's prior to the event. Go to the show and then convene to a convenient venue thereafter for post-show victuals and libations. I will be consulting with O'Snoone and O'Bachorz on ye appropriate NYC joint. This might be a job for Uncle Nick's or El Quijote... (considering the potential size of this partay).

This gon' be fun! :hungover

That's funny, Our office xmas party is at o'Farrells on weds.. I'll warn them about this motley crue

KBasa said:
There might be if you write it. :stick

I was going to see if I could find a non-member's wife at the show and see if she would write it so we would have something to cry about here when winter arrives. :ha

:hide

Burnszilla said:
If you have enough memory/tape on your recorder can you record the sound of Tessler putting on his gloves?

Tape would self destruct before that monumental event could ever be recorded or your hair would turn grey or if it is grey it would fall out waiting.

Gemuthlichkeit In Gotham

Gemuthlichkeit: Cheerfulness, Comfortableness, Kindly or Good Natured.

Come to O'Farrells for Gemuthlichkeit Click Here

About O'Farrell's Fine Food & Spirits

A beautiful mahogany bar restaurant, conveniently located one block from
the Javits Center. Serving fine food daily, 11 am until 10 pm. Chicken, fish,
pastas, steaks, salads, Guinness on tap. Fine selection of draft beers,
superb Irish coffee.

Friday, January 19 for lunch and then on the show. More details to follow as the big event draws near.

Attachments

• OFarrells.jpg
    OFarrells.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Javits

RandallIsland said:
We get free (or at least discounted) admission to the show for being members, right? :D

Sure you do. :D

Just show your full price ticket at the door for special admission consideration to the show. For those who haven't been there before, the Javits Center doesn't give ANYTHING away for free (attitude not included). :doh

Friedle

Back