• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

Yep I am taking the train. I can watch a movie on the way there and play with whatever I buy on the way home.

Till tomorrow.

See you at O'Farrells for
The Big GIG

So that's all folks until we post the pictures. :dance

Attachments

• that's all.jpg
    that's all.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 135
I have a hall pass from the principal.

(but yes, I have bail... just in case!)

?íHasta Ma??ana Amigos!

jonathan is covering mine as well!

by car?

by train?

i'm still not sure, see you guys at lunch!

What a great day.

I just got home. Thanks to Tessler and Paul for planning and organizing the Big Gig.

Those who didn't make it....you missed out.

Those who made it via the airwaves...well you missed out on some good times to but thanks for joining us anyways.

What an evening. Oh man... truly a "What Happens in New York, Stays in New York" kinda thing.

I had a blast yesterday with the core Big Gig attendees. Dinner was amazing and it was great meeting and hanging out with you guys!

Pictures... now lemme see if I have any pictures....

You must be gay. :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh That was funny. 10 years ago two guys standing in a bar would have been looked at as looking for girls. Now we are apparently gay. Don't have a problem with that but it was hilarious. Great meeting you guys.

What an evening. Oh man... truly a "What Happens in New York, Stays in New York" kinda thing.

I had a blast yesterday with the core Big Gig attendees. Dinner was amazing and it was great meeting and hanging out with you guys!

Pictures... now lemme see if I have any pictures....

Dinner was awesome. Thanks again Tessler for the great food venues. I was so impressed with dinner. Great food. Great Sangria. My wife told me I need to bath the booze away. She said I stunk when I crawled into bed with her this morning. Sangria oozing from my pores.

What do the following have in common? :brow

- Walking on the Moon
- First Powered Airplane
- Invention of the light bulb
- Laying of the Trans-Atlantic Cable
- Louisiana Purchase
- Introduction of the K Bike by BMW
- The Big GIG

Unparalleled Successes :clap

Special thanks to MAX BMW, the BMW MOA, Michael Friedle and Statdawg for the contributions of Swag to the first Big GIG Awards Dinner. :heart

The next time you are in NY try out the clam chowder at O'Farrell's and the Paella at El Quiote. :eat

Tessler knows how to picks the best watering holes in Gotham. Also a lot of fun was the conference call arranged by Boxergrrlie, Miss Adventure, to the New Glarus rally. As far as I know it is the first Rally to Rally Conference Call.

Attachments

• moon walk.jpg
    moon walk.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Unparalleled successes :clap
Special thanks to MAX BMW, the BMW MOA, Michael Friedle and Statdawg for the contributions of Swag to the first Big GIG Awards Dinner. :heart
++1 Paul was the most awesome host of the inaugural Big Gig. :clap

Dinner was awesome. Thanks again Tessler for the great food venues. I was so impressed with dinner. Great food. Great Sangria. My wife told me I need to bath the booze away. She said I stunk when I crawled into bed with her this morning. Sangria oozing from my pores.

:ha Yeah, my wife wasn't too fond of the aromas I dragged into the house myself :hungover

It was SO COOL being able to join your party by phone for a bit last night from our gathering in New Glarus! It sounded like you were having a good time. Great idea Paul.

New York state of mind.....

Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood
Hop a flight to miami beach or hollywood.
Im taking a greyhound on the hudson river line-
Im in a new york state of mind.

I seen all the movie stars in their fancy cars and their limousines,
Been high in the rockies under the evergreens,
But I know what Im needing and I dont want to waste more time-

It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and the blues,
But now I need a little give and take,
The new york times, the daily news...

It's the boys at O'Farrells's and the Bass flowed smooth
The Javits, the bikes and the 'MOA sign
El Quijote, the Chelsea and the Westside booze
I'm in a New York state of mind.

It comes down to reality-and its fine with me cause Ive let it slide,
Dont care if its chinatown or riverside,
I dont have any reasons, Ive left them all behind-

Paul, Tessler, Red Ryder and Belquar
That crazy lady and Vince at the bar
Bubba, Randall and laughing all the time
I'm in a New York state of mind

Im just taking a greyhound on the hudson river line-
cause Im in a new york state of mind.

:bar

Thanks guys, this memory is a keeper....

Breeze
PS My wife loved the paella......

Good Times ...

It was a great time, despite being so late. Great seeing you guys.

"What happens in New York, STAYS in New York!"

V.

Outstanding food from the succulent chowder to the seared tenderloin tips to the melt-tender pulpo to the strawberry cheesecake, a comedy queen doing the fandango on the sidewalk, it was a truly fantastic night with exquisite company. Thank you all!

Back