• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Jesse Safari Bags

griffin738

** newbie **
Any experience yet with the Jesse Safari bags? Any thoughts would be great; I'm specifically wondering about things like strength of cases, reliability of the Quick Click mounts and overall weatherproofness.

I think they are only available for the 1200 at this point.

I've got an 1150 adventure with the aluminum cases - - I like them but think they'd crunch like beer cans if the bike fell with them on. So I'm thinking to get the stronger Jesse bags, and since the Safaris have mondo storage space (will hold a helmet), I'm leaning toward them. I called and they should be available for the 1150 in January.

Jesse doesn't list the volume of the new bags on the website. Grrrr.

When I first saw these, I knew I would buy them. Then I found out that you must lower your exhaust. Now I'm back to wanting Oddyseys.

Hmmm. . . the site does say, "SAFARI boast over 115L of load capacity (enough room for three helmets!)" http://www.jesseluggage.com/safari.html

Understood the exhaust would need to be lowered, and confirmed via phone that the same is true for the forthcoming version for the 1150. Also confirmed that both models (1200, 1150) come with the materials needed to do the job. Other than a bit of work and slightly different bike geometry when the bags are off, any issues with lowering the exhaust? (serious question - - if I'd be making a mistake, I'd love to know before it happens!)

Anyone get a set of these yet? I think they are available & shipping for the 1200GS. I'm on the waitlist for my 1150 and would love to hear how it's working out for someone who has used them. . .

Back