• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

pictures

There are two ways to do it. You can attach a picture, which uploads it to the MOA's server, or you can insert a link to a picture that's somewhere on the web already.

Attaching images

Compose your post as you normally would. When you're done, click the "Browse button" next to Attach File. Navigate to the location of your photo and select your file.

Do not preview the post If you do, you'll lose your link to the picture. If you put up a picture you don't like, you can go back and edit your post. There will be options under Attached File that will allow you to keep the file, delete the file from your post or attach a new one. There is no way to attach more than one file.

A couple words about the files you can attach - First off, we're geared toward graphic images like .bmp or .jpg files. We'll accept .pdf and .txt files and I think we'll accept Garmin GPS files, but you might have to make them into a .zip file. Let me know if you need help with that. Also, images have to be less than 160K. If you need help resizing the images, you can check here.

Attaching files is great if you don't have a place on the web to store your photos. Personally, I like www.smugmug.com. I think I'm paying $30 a year. The downside to attaching files is that you can only put one image in each post. If you want to make more than that, you'll need to have your images somewhere on the web and insert the images via the IMG button on the Post Reply screen. One other downside is that the MOA has to pay for the bandwidth to both host and provide the pictures. If you have a link to an image on the web, the MOA doesn't have to pay to store or provide the image. Sounds cheap, but it adds up after a while. And who doesn't like to get something for free? :)

Using the IMG tags to insert a bunch of photos

Start composing your message. When you get to a spot where you want to insert a picture, open another browser. Navigate to where your picture is stored on the web and right click on top of the picture.

A little menu will come up and one of the selections will be "Properties". Click on properties. A little window will pop up and one of the items on it will be "URL". Highlight the full web address to the right of the "URL" and right click on it. Select copy.

Now, go back to where you're composing your message and click the button that says IMG. A little box will pop up. Put your cursor in the little box and right click. Select Paste to paste the link to your picture in the box. Hit return and you've now got a link to your picture in your message. You won't be able to see the image as you're composing, but you can select Preview and see how it looks before you submit it.

Almost all the images I've put up here have been by inserting a link. If you want to see how they work, click reply to one of my posts with an image, and you'll be able to see how the tags work with the images address to show you the picture.

Images that have been attached will have a little header over them that says something like User has attached the following image:

Send me a PM if you need help. airbiz started a thread here so he could practice. You can probably just use that thread to practice.

Back