• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

more signs

Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of one of my favorite signs found in OK:

"Caution: hitchhikers could be escaped convicts"

For the CHALLENGE...
27BadMiles.JPG

For the break from boredom...
100mph-small.JPG

Click Here for an AVI of a run near the ton. (May require QuickTime.)

Last edited:
Talk about 'Duh!'

I saw this sign in Springfield, Ill. on the way to Falling Leaf -

Attachments

• watch2low.jpg
    watch2low.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 301
Dave,
thanks for that reminder of the best highway that ever made me wish I was on the bike. I was in a rented dodge on a business trip and had plenty of time to get from Bakersfield to Santa Cruz so I got off I5 to 198 then 25 all the way up. The frustration of not having a bike on that road was almost enough to make me want to just drive off a cliff! Almost turned a peacock into roadkill not too far from where that sign is too.

Mart C. (Placerville, CA) sent this to me to post. A great pic of a great sign in front of a great cemetery in Mobile, AL. I'd forgotten about those above ground cemeteries....

Attachments

• dead-end.jpg
    dead-end.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 445
My Favorite Sign (NOT)

Truth be told I was waiting in line for a shot at a track ride at the beautiful Grattan Raceway when Julie Claire captured this moment.
It depicts the epic struggle of good over evil and/or man and bike vs very low speed limits and whatnot.

Attachments

• cliffs speed limit small.jpg
    cliffs speed limit small.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 412
OK, this isn't really a "road" sign, but I sure got a kick out of it. Somewhere in South Dakota, I think.

Attachments

• roadeats1.jpg
    roadeats1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 393
Oh, no!

Is that a brick and an oilhead side by side?

Quick seperate them before they mate!

MarkF

Back