• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I move a portion of a post..

If it is in the same thread and on the same page

1. Hit the quote button of the post your want to include information from.
2. This will give you the entire response in the post editor window.
3. Go into the post and delete what you do not want to include.
4. Do not change the [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] commands. These must remain and the text you wish to quote must remain between the commands.

If this does not workshoot the computer.

The way to quote something is to press the
quote.gif
quote button in the lower right hand corner of someone's post.

Does that answer your question?

There are other ways to do it as well, such as doing it manually using the
quote.gif
or quote tags, but I think the answer above is what you are looking for.

You can still edit the post to include just the portion you want.

Check out this thread where I learned through trial and error how to do it myself.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=13623

Russ comes in at the end and explains how he does it.

You can use the quote button to quote one post. But if you want multiple posters in the same post quoted you have to copy and paste stuff. then use the posting toolbar to wrap quote tags (the one on the far right) around the text. You can type in Originally posted by So and So or you can do it like Russ says. But you can cut and paste lots of different posts and put the original poster in there like that.

For instance if you wanted to Get stuff from multiple threads and put it in one. I just open another browser and cut and paste from there. Makes it easier.

HTH

Brian

Back