• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Page problem

Bud

It is what it is.
I'm logged in.

Got the Home Page. Click on Membership link. Now have a choice (in yellow) to "Change your info". Takes me to login screen and when I try to login (don't know why it is asking since I was logged in already) it won't recognize my login attempt as valid.

Hmmm, somethings not right.

I just went through the steps you mention, and it did ask for a login (I suspect so that someone can't get at your membership who has stolen your laptop, for example), and I was able to log in. Perhaps you misremembered your password, fat-fingered it, or (my blushes!) accidentally have the caps lock on...

Guess I'm not bright enough to figure it out

DarrylRi said:
I just went through the steps you mention, and it did ask for a login (I suspect so that someone can't get at your membership who has stolen your laptop, for example), and I was able to log in. Perhaps you misremembered your password, fat-fingered it, or (my blushes!) accidentally have the caps lock on...

I tried it 4 more times, doesn't work.

Tried both the instructions for a new member since it says it is different from your Forum sign in as well as the forum info.

No go.

bud - i recommend calling the office or sending an email to webmaster@bmwmoa.org for help. i just followed the procedure above (you reminded me that i needed to renew my membership, so thanks!) and it worked fine for me. there must be a gltich with your account.

i predict that a friendly person solves your problem quickly. :D

silk1100 said:
I'm logged in.

Got the Home Page. Click on Membership link. Now have a choice (in yellow) to "Change your info". Takes me to login screen and when I try to login (don't know why it is asking since I was logged in already) it won't recognize my login attempt as valid.

Your login for "secure services" which you are describing is different from login to the forum. Does that apply to what you are doing or not doing?

cjack said:
Your login for "secure services" which you are describing is different from login to the forum. Does that apply to what you are doing or not doing?

Typically they should be the same, unless you previously set them differently such as having a person make the change for you at the office.

But has the problem been resolved?

silk1100 said:
I'm logged in.

To clarify: I'm logged in in order to post to this forum.

Yes, if you follow my steps it takes you to "secure services" which clearly says what your initial login should be.

"Your login is your membership number. Your password is the first five letters of your last name plus the first five digits/letters (not including any spaces) of your zip/postal code, as listed on the mailing label of the BMW Owners News.
Example:
Login: 12345
Password: smith63022

If your last name is less than five letters, your entire last name is used in your password. (John Bell= bell63022)"

Tried that, didn't work. Then tried my forum login. Didn't work.

Will message web folks and they can tell me what I'm doing wrong as I'm not the brightest bulb on the porch.
:banghead

Thanks to all who replied.

Outstanding service.

E-mailed webmaster and within minutes got a reply. Password was reset and I was able to log into secrue services.

Way to go Glenn!!! :thumb

Back