• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

More about River Road, Texas

203177455-L.jpg

More about River Road, Texas

I suddenly had two dogs in the sidecar yesterday but was tool slow with the camera!!! What a sight and laughter as also I had come across some riders from San Antonio They did make a big mistake having lunch at the wrong place instead of Kathys Kosmic Kaffee The food they had instead I will say no more!!!
Life goes on here, finally some cooler weather mixed in with some clouds, some welcome temperatures.
More about the ride and some pictures on the website a new recipe also has been posted, a new old recipe that is retrieved from the Blogs things are starting to be better organized! Finally

Be well

Ara & Spirit

La Kiva, Terlingua... Texas

203818017-L.jpg

La Kiva, Terlingua Texas

Finally some pictures of this famous lounge restaurant where I spend 3 evenings a week chatting, I mean cooking for the locals and tourists Truly a fun place, the best choice in town for me to get to know what is going on in the area and the off the map places to ride and explore.
Also some pictures of Sotol lookout where we spend a few hours yesterday evening just watching Mother Nature work hard on the constantly changing scenery, complete with thunder and lightning.
All in the website

Enjoy stop by and be well.

Ara & Spirit

Marfa's Gift, Texas

205040861-M.jpg

MarfaÔÇÖs Gift, Texas

Did they always outdo others in Texas? How about a town feeding everyone dinner on a Saturday evening? and not just any food great food! If you can next year, do not miss the Chinati and Judd Foundation Open Day in Marfa a must! Incredibly friendly people from all over, much art, much food, much to see and experience.
Spirit, well, I had to walk away for a while as the crowd was gathering to take pictures of him and he just sits there with his Doggles on (he will normally take them off when we stop by shaking his head!) posing
Part one on the website, there will be more to come.

Be well

Ara & Spirit

More on Marfa, Texas

206057141-L.jpg

More an Marfa, Texas

This is the second part of that great Saturday in Marfa. With all the Galleries open, the Judd buildings, a great dinner served to 3000 guests right after a storm, more Artifacts and great people we talked to, the pictures have been plentiful.
I donÔÇÖt know if we will come back to this particular area next year at this time, but you should really plan on being here for the event. It is a fun time.
I again added one more recipe, a pasta sauce with a twist, and started a series of articles on my past life in Naples when cooking for the rich! The memories are still there from a stage so different and so distant now. Interesting facts

Be well as always

Ara & Spirit

Oh, I hated missing Marfa's celebration, but thanks to your comprehensive reporting, I feel like I got the flavor.

Thanks for ALL you share!

Voni
sMiling and back in Big Bend country finally

The Hot Springs in Big Bend, Texas

Thanks you all... as they say in Georgia...:wave

206540819-L.jpg

What do you see???

The Hot Springs in Big Bend, Texas

It is still very hot for hiking at lower elevations, but at the time the Hot Springs seemed like a good destination for the day. Water is always a must, much water and shade. We made it, but the Hot Springs were covered by the rising waters of the Rio Grande! Will just need to return at a later date. The hike however was worth its scenery, the pictographs, the village remainders from the early 1900s and one cannot forget the giant Palm tree Spirit is getting used to the heat, he has been quite a trouper and a patient companion throughout these times.
Much more on the website

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Happy Birthday Lance

2183590-M.jpg

Happy Birthday Lance

Lance has always been part of this Journey on the road this Journey of the mind on a stage constantly changing where the cast is directed only by Mother Nature. Seems to be the only unique stage I can walk on anymore in sometimes these trying days.
Life is so full of surprises, obscure events, unsuspected paths suddenly taking shape, one can only make the best of it.
Today is LanceÔÇÖs 30th Birthday with more sadness than joy.
My emotions are also directed to all of you that share the same circumstances, I have learned over these past years that I am not the only one, having received much support, support very much welcomed and appreciated. Thank you.

You be well.

Ara

What do I know... (Texas)

207956200-L.jpg

What do I know? (Texas)

The odd vehicles (mine included, they say it is) are lined up by the Porch for the daily Sunset and gathering of the locals Just another day in Terlingua, Big Bend, Texas!
Through the written support of so many, today the energy is up, some realizations are making sense, lets look around us while we are here, lets admire what has been laid out and accept the resolutions of Life when even the cards dealt are not in our favor.
It seems like it is the only choice we have
I feel as I have a new Family in all of you after reading comments and e mails send to me. ÔÇ£Thank youÔÇØ will never be enough words to express my gratitude. All this because of our Blog, we are getting to know each other as a community which I would not trade for anything else.
Mixed in today are some pictures of a short little dirt road behind us called Indian Head Trail which has become one of my favorite hang out. Just a bunch of rocks hope you enjoy them

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Old Maverick Rd, BB Park, Texas

207632193-L.jpg

Old Maverick Rd, BB Park, Texas

I hope that you check out the Blog today and take a good look at Lunas picture and his home. The man lived to 108 and so much wish he was around. A great smile, the man looks like someone I think we would have loved to meet and spend some time with by his humble Jackal around the fire, maybe cooking some and listening to his stories!!! I wish so much that you would all have the desire and the ability to join me and start feeling the experience of being on the road as we are, senses developing as time went on and just being transported on this incredible stage. It is not about riding anymore, photography, cooking or eating it is just about being.
Terlingua Abaja was also a stop for us on that heated day with more pictures on the site.

You be well

Ara & Spirit

Santa Elena Canyon and some, BB Park, Texas

Thank you Gail... thanks for writing... come and see us!!! Both of you...

209061953-L.jpg

Santa Elena Canyon and some, BB Park, Texas

This is now into the end of the day, a short hike into the Canyon, a closer look at Mule ears, a bit cut short as the heat was getting intolerable. But good news as for the first time last night I had to use the heater finally the weather is changing and this is going to be the perfect time for some longer hikes and more comfortable day trips. About time I was thinking!
I interrupted this above big guy from crossing the road that day he did not seems to be very happy about it as his moving speed increased, finally taking refuge within some vegetation he ran but could not hide!!!
More on the site

Be well

Ara and Spirit

"Many Stones"... Dual Sport Riders... Terlingua, Tx

210325444-L.jpg

Many Stones Dual sport riders, Terlingua, Texas

For such a little town far away from it all so much is going on outside the Park. This is the weekend for the TRH National Suzuki dual sport ride with about 150 riders in town having a great time on the local dirt roads A visit with Ring yesterday, the owner of Many Stones a unique gift and rock and Cacti shop and I am finding out that some musicians from the 3 week long Kerville Music festival are camping near by A great dinner at the Crisis Center aka the Cultural Center with some great local talents I dont know what else to say never a dull moment.
Be well

Ara & Spirit

"Viva La Historia" Terlingua, Texas

213881300-L.jpg

ÔÇ£Viva La HistoriaÔÇØ Terlingua, Texas

It was one of those events not to be missed, and we did not! Sorry it is not about riding parks the roads or even Spirit. It is about much more, Life itself over many generations finally back together in this one little town around a cemetery to celebrate it all together. It was tears, laughter, food, music and kind people opening their arms to even myself passing by here from so far away. The emotions surpassed any gathering I have ever witnessed, you had to be here I hope the Blog and the pictures can relate as close as possible the experience.

You be well

Ara & Spirit

You've outdone yourself!

What a colorful emotion filled report.

You're a gem!

Voni
sMiling

Am I just an old "hippie"? Tx

214710096-L.jpg

Am I just an old ÔÇ£hippieÔÇØ? Tx

We took off for the day to the Park yesterday. Much needed for the both of us, it was time to spend some time trying to answer some questions running through my mind fueled by such empty spaces. Since Spirit is not allowed on the trails we pretty much stayed on Croton Springs Rd and Paint Gap Rd, riding some, hiking some. It happens always the magical effects of Big Bend. In a couple days actually the Mountains themselves will be our view! A good friend of mine has offered some great first row space on his property for us to stay on. So today we are packing for tomorrows move, Karma again has been good to us.
More on the Blog

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Our new Home, BB, Texas

215855457-L.jpg

Our new Home, BB, Texas

Due to the generosity of Roger, a friend we met last year, we moved onto his property yesterday morning beautiful! What a view, what an incredible peaceful and serene space with the landscape of Big Bend, The Ghost Town, Terlingua 24/7!
These are busy days! Another friend from Louisiana is arriving today, some riders from the Texas Two Wheel Forum also tonight the Chili Cook Off has started we have a free pass for the complete event as I volunteered at the gate last nightIt was a good time with good people.
More on the Blog a new recipe a new Magazine page
Be well

Ara & Spirit

A Celebration "The Day of the Dead", BB, Tx

216649002-L.jpg

A Celebration, ÔÇ£The Day of the DeadÔÇØ, BB, Tx

A Mexican Holiday celebrated here in Terlingua, a friend from Louisiana, the Chili Cook Off, the Texas Two Wheel riders in the area and you thought probably that there is never anything going on around here!
On our way right now to the finals of the cook off much more on the Blog
We have to run!!!
Be well
Ara & Spirit

Thanks for capturing another slice of our "heaven" that is Big Bend Country, Ara.

Some of the photos I took - I believe - showed up some of the gathered "spirits". Different in each of several shots.

A sample.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• DoDVoni.JPG
    DoDVoni.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 217
The Chili Cookoff, Terlingua, Tx

217367577-L.jpg

The Chili Cookoff, Terlingua, Texas

Terlingua has regained its composure yesterday afternoon, the many events that took place these past weeks are over. Millions of stars where shining down on us last night as the town near by was dark and quiet. We spend some time at the Chili Cookoff, the craziness was just starting as the chilis were turned for judging. The Showmanship competition was on its way, amazing imagination, laughter, colors and music as always!
Spirit will pose for pictures as long as needed it was a great sunset and no exception, he sat patiently and waited for the camera to stop its shutter noise! What a dog
Enjoy the pictures on the Blog there are quite a few!

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Back