• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

The BIG BIG trees of Ca... and a cup of coffee...

I am definitely not the kayaker... Spirit and I were on the sidelines!!!
149098097-L.jpg

The BIG BIG trees in CA... and a cup of coffee!

Moving means busy... I get particular as to where we camp and sometimes it is not too easy finding the right spot. And then there is cooking, riding and exploring, Spirit and our playtime,
you know such things are laundry and MurphyÔÇÖs law to always fix the unpredictable...
I would not trade my days anymore for anything you could offer me to replace these times...
Including todayÔÇÖs ride to Sequoia amongst the BIG tress... they are huge!... and always wondered... why there?
The first part is already on the Blog... with the story of a cup of coffee... beware!
You be well... part two will follow very shortly... we are moving again tomorrow... for a week or so... it will be a bit more permanent...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Rain or shine we ride... in CA.

149098123-L.jpg

Rain or shine we ride!!!... CA.

The worse detriment in our Journey is bad weather. We have been lucky... I cannot take the credit that I follow sunshine throughout as we have had bad surprises... from actually lack of forgetting to check the weather sites! Today started heavily forecasted... but it did not keep us down...
Too many roads and sites to see... even if it is a short loop we were out there...
Nice roads... nice scenery... California does not cease to amaze me... unfortunately the prices of goods also take me a bit back...
Our day... and some of the past day on our Blog... in great colors of Spring.

You all be well... have a great weekend...

Ara & Spirit

Under the clear skies of California.

150284810-L.jpg

Under the clear skies of California...

The skies are finally clear... Sequoia and Yosemite are waiting for us, but there are clouds of pain within me! A kidney infection... stones perhaps also... have managed to make their way since yesterday...
Already on medication... awaiting for all this to end... soon I hope... still took a chance for a little ride and mingle with some friends for some great food and conversations. Might have been a slight judgement error as now I am paying even a higher price for that escapade... but the road... at least half of it was worth it and so was the scenery as written on the Blog...
Karma has been good as you might read about it... and as always my thoughts are... so many have it so much worse. This too shall pass...
Till later... be well... I am trying myself to go there!!!

Ara & Spirit

On to the Gold Country of CA...

150689704-L.jpg

On to the Gold Country... CA.

Maybe a couple hundred miles further north tonight, I donÔÇÖt keep much track of mileage truly.
More important are the roads traveled, the scenery and the feel of it.
Past Pioneer on 88... ahead of the riders coming up for the Pashnit Gathering and feeling very fortunate to be allowed to stay here. Beautiful country... much luscious green trees... great weather which I hope holds up for everyone else.
The route is on the Blog and so are a few other pictures...
Be well...
Ara & Spirit

Do you believe... again!!! Lake Tahoe

151556469-L.jpg

Do you believe it?... again! Lake Tahoe

At least, again, we did not crash... You must be getting used to this... anyone would like to by a used hack???... Look at it this way... every time something breaks, only 5 times however by now,
it is fixed better... stronger... OK... Maybe you want to wait a little longer, we are getting near completion... not much left that could break... This was a fabricator part by the way...
Besides that, the ride was just fantastic... 88/89 to Lake Tahoe at this time of the year must be the best... cool, just right temps, the roads are dry and open, even Tioga pass is opening tomorrow at noon!
Want to see some pictures... see what happened?... The Blog is up to date...
SmuMug was down for maintenance last night, could not post the pictures and that is OK too...
They are the best in the business...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

A Great time at the Pashnit Gathering... CA.

152267088-L.jpg

A Great time at the Pashnit gathering... CA

This will be one of those memorable weekend... no doubt about it. Great people making us feel so welcomed, a family oriented gathering, nice to see and feel the togetherness, the friendships, the camaraderie... good food (at least I hope it truly was Friday night too...). The names will surface as we would love to come back next year.
I still need to have a square piece of metal, which a bolt goes through, permanently repaired with a solid piece machined, drilled and welded... Waiting word from South Lake Tahoe... if not... will look into Sacramento or Stockton... I just got word that this man does not have a drill press...
It will all work out... as it normally does.
More on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Simply Spectacular Views... CA

152267039-L.jpg

Simply Spectacular Views... CA

You might be surprised at my Spectacular views of today... but I see them... and hope that you do to.
The rig is fixed and more... another bracket broke while there and being removed... Ah! I am so glad that I bought the ÔÇ£heavy dutyÔÇØ mounts... You might have had to send me flowers instead of reading this!
A ride to Yosemite coming up... I am ready... we are ready... I even took a night ride to the adjacent campground!... Make sure that my seven headlights are working... all is fine.
Check it out in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A day in San Francisco... CA.

155052860-L.jpg

A day in San Francisco... CA.

With well chosen hours the traffic was light, with clear skies and hardly any haze blown away by the winds, it was however an emotional day to go back into San Francisco... It has been over three years...
The City had put on its best composure yesterday, helping out for clear pictures... and some narrative which are up now on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A loop through Santa Cruz... CA

155758950-L.jpg

A loop through Santa Cruz... CA.

More upper body workout on the rig today... sweepers, curves, tight curves... hair pins...
California has it in abundance and more! Some great blue skies... some wet and cold fog... I am learning to add and subtract clothing in a heartbeat... Every few mile has is own weather pattern!
Considering Santa Cruz was not too far... I am not exaggerating!
It was great ride, with a new tire on the sidecar and disc brake functioning close to perfection all day... (that is another story... for another day...), what more can one ask...
More of it on the Blog...

Till next time...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Thoughts, Bits and Pieces from SF, CA.

156252406-L.jpg

Thoughts, Bits and Pieces from SF, CA.

Ready... ready... to go back to the Mountains! The Sierras... space please!!! No more traffic lights... traffic period! John said... ÔÇ£you see what you are missing...ÔÇØ. NOT...
But this week has been great, culminating with great company last night over dinner in North Beach... what more can one wish for!
And some pictures not posted before... as I call them... Bits and Pieces... all on the Blog.

Have a great... long weekend.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

The California Delta...

156832080-L.jpg

The California Delta...

The Delta Sunset... Space Odyssey... not quite!
Near Walnut Grove, by the levee... by one of the rivers as there are many as we found out this afternoon!
Preceded by a ride to Somerset for a great Rib dinner... company... and laughter!
We are getting back into our space... I feel it!
More on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Locke, old town of the Delta... CA

157983063-L.jpg

Locke, an old Chinese Delta town, and some new friends CA

One of course never realize the importance of anything till, in this case, they are about to lose it! my old faithful lap top! So we have gone through the motions of moving every thing over a new one, not an easy task even for me watching my good friend Brian doing his magic.
Windows Vista? Like taming a new wild animal to say the least!
And a ride in a very interesting little and old Chinese town I met some people that keep going back as if magnetized by its space.
Many pictures of the town, bumping into a rider with who I had corresponded (what would be the chances!!!)
This new laptop is like a stiff pair of new shoes! it is all on the Blog however

Till then

Be well

Ara & Spirit

At the track... and Point Reyes, CA.

158403436-L.jpg

At the track and Point Reyes, CA

Good times as always, that is if you discard the windy conditions that are always prevailing here. Some nice cars and rigs at the track If you are going to have some toys these people are on top of it!!!
Point Reyes, a nice little town with some great broken down back roads to the Lighthouse
All in a days work all in the Blog.

Be well till next time

Ara & Spirit

The Point Reyes Lighthouse, CA

159124371-L.jpg

The Point Reyes Lighthouse, CA

300 steps down and 300 steps up… that is to the lighthouse…
It is a fine ride and a fine view worth coming back to and spending much more time, specially hiking to the beach for the day.
That is the rest of the story from the other day, this State is so full of wonders, including Tioga Pass which we rode yesterday…
Wonder if some members of the V Strom Forum that attended their Reno Gathering and themselves rode Tioga Pass on Saturday afternoon are here… I have something not too nice to say about them… (update: turns out they must have been from another group...)
Enjoy the view on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Last edited:
Tioga Pass... CA

159113441-L.jpg

Tioga Pass CA

A much anticipated ride since our last visit to Yosemite, the big loop through Tioga Pass, to 395 north and back through Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. Another ride not to miss, be ready for some photography as every curve is a new scenery. Many other riders going their own way, a popular destination. It was a long day since we came back that evening,
a bit tired but rewarded mentally from the ride.
The story and pictures on the Blog.

Be well

Ara & Spirit

Route 84, the Delta... CA

160596389-L.jpg

Route 84, the Delta CA

We sure spend a lot of time on such a short stretch of road a few hours to cover the 18 mile round trip. There is just something about those 9 miles different crops, the trees lining the road, the water pumps in old trucks running 24/7, the best for my sight? the sprinklers themselves you can hear them too as the traffic is minimal
We did participate we at the Good Morning Sacramento TV show channel 31, CBS fast and faster one needs to be!!! But we had a great time they ate we did not!
I have the video link on the Blog
Be well

Ara & Spirit

To the California Lost Coast...

161591423-L.jpg

To the California Lost Coast
Hard to post anything when in transit, specially when having to backtrack, actually push forward to load up on fuel and food and return The Lost Coast of California is a surprise How can such a vast area of this State be so desolate rugged at the same time I would call it raw.
The next leg is to Seattle but a few days here first! Looking forward to meeting Andy and his family including the many dogs I think Spirit will be in Heaven!
The route and some pictures are on the Blog by now

Enjoy and be well

Ara & Spirit

More of the California Lost Coast...

162151257-L.jpg

More of the California Lost Coast

We like it here a lot! Scenery, just a few campers, the beach everyday awesome roads and, yes again, a Sunset every night!
Hope you are not tired of them yet however I will give you a break on them and take one myself too!
I also decided to offer my services! Beemerchef is for hire! That is as a Personal Chef dinners parties even classes, yes, to you... If and when in your area or we can plan to be in your area. I am excited about this I have been missing that part of my life.
The Giant trees the Beach Spirit posing all in the Blog with a new look You like it? My idea You dont like it? Brians idea, Mr Computer

You be well

Ara & Spirit

162291352-M.gif

it looks like you've got some great weather up on the North Coast.

I do hope you'll get to see Avenue of the Giants.

Back