• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey...

Cookbook?

Ara, love the reports! Have you thought of writting down your recipies for a cookbook? The shrimp and scallops looked fantastic! Any thoughts of coming up to WI for the rally?

Ride safe.

Ara, love the reports! Have you thought of writting down your recipies for a cookbook? The shrimp and scallops looked fantastic! Any thoughts of coming up to WI for the rally?

Ride safe.

Thanks... well, the recipe is actually in the Blog... as I do explain how to do it... it is very simple but if you don't find it so... let me know.
I will be at the WI Rally.... looking forward. Missed a few for personal family reasons... it is time to get back to my BMW roots!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

More of Valley of Fire, NV.

133039173-M.jpg

More of Valley of Fire... NV.

Mother Nature cannot ever be forgotten... as much as we had a great break yesterday. Windy again and cold... but we are going. We cannot let it stop us in our tracks of the beautiful surroundings... a forgotten National Treasure, no doubt...
The pictures today will speak for themselves... such an amazing place!
I think you will truly enjoy yourselves...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit

127916932-Ti.gif

Same scenario, without the crashing this time!

133771867-M.jpg

Same scenario without the crashing this time...

This is what living on the road is all about... the unexpected... great sunny day and freezing ones... great running bikes and mechanical failures! Will accept it all... with a smile... as around the corner, friends are ready with open arms and open doors of their home to get us going again.
This was the case today as you can read on the Blog.

We are well hope you are too...

Ara & Spirit

Soulful

Such wonderful pictures and stories. As for the desicrations,narrow minded persons donot understand the Deni, there time will be apeased by the Manatou.

Michael Rich
:thumb

Some Reflections on this Journey...

Ah! The Manatou... yes.

134120252-M.jpg

Some Reflections on this Journey...

On hold by a rod... I will have it today, and the one my friend Didier overnighted me from New York is much stronger, maybe this will avoid future dismemberment of my rig!... We cannot afford the past experience and this was fortunate enough to be discovered without any further damage.
Today should be the day... and as I sit here waiting, I would like to share some reflections from my recent months on the road... Looking back is always beneficial to the path that lays ahead...
You be the judges...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

North... South... West? Let's go East...

134621709-L.jpg

North... South... West... letÔÇÖs go East...

The excitement of the rig being so solid again as I took it out for a spin yesterday morning I think distracted me from my plans! Kingman... so close to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Yavapai, Coconino National Forest... the wheels went East. We drove, we rode... we are south of Sedona by a few miles and it has been HOT... with capital letters!
Much to see... always... and experience and much to cook somehow!
The Oasis of my Soul has many facets it seems like!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Sightseeing around Sedona, AZ.

134821781-L.jpg

Sightseeing around Sedona, AZ.

We are riding to the sites in the books... much History, and much other visitors also, but all worthwhile seeing. From Montezuma Well, to Montezuma Castle, the latter wrongly named, we have been going all day. Meeting another rider and saying my goodbys to my great neighbors...
A full day... all in the Blog!

Hope you enjoy, we did...

Ara & Spirit

127916932-Ti.gif

More roads up and down and around Sedona, AZ.

135878320-L.jpg

More roads up and down and around Sedona...

A gravel road with great watering holes... followed by 89A... not for the faint of heart... and now we are packed headed toward the Grand Canyon... with millions of pictures of it in circulation I have to add my own!... Should be great camping near Tusayan... National Forest... and most likely cooler temps... Ah! Almost forgot... must check NOAA... the weather you know.
Enjoy the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Why on the Road?...

136087813-M.jpg

Why on the road?...

It was only this morning that we left Beaver Creek Campground, south of Sedona... we are a few miles for the Grand CanyonÔÇÖs south rim, I have not seen any of it yet, and it is sometime in the middle of the night... We are camped on National Forest, they call it ÔÇ£dispersedÔÇØ camping, off a forest road which are abundant around here. There is no one near by and my clock right away has switched to a no time zone... more on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Oh, Ara.

This is your best post yet.

Thanks for taking us all along on your journey.

Voni
sMiling

The Grand Canyon, AZ

136519507-M.jpg

The Grand Canyon, AZ.

What can one say about the Grand Canyon?... besides being mesmerized throughout this jaw dropping, eye popping, sensory overload experience. One of the few places I can sit for hours and loose my sight and senses deep into this incredible wonder.
One of the most enjoyable place to also camp here... the nearest neighbor is about half a mile away... and I had dinner for lunch... as you will see!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

More of the Grand Canyon, AZ.

136840986-L.jpg

More of the Grand Canyon, AZ.

It was just another beautiful day here, NOAA is predicting snow and mid twenties by Tuesday... but that is a couple days ahead. Lots of riding through the Park, the weekend crowd is a bit different... glad to see many city people coming here to enjoy the sites as we did... before the views disappear due to increasing haze... You can read about it here...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Valle's "Plane of Fame Air Museum", AZ.

137279017-M.jpg

ValleÔÇÖs ÔÇ£Plane of Fame Air MuseumÔÇØ, AZ.

I think, I am fairly sure that we are going to ÔÇ£The Grand CircleÔÇØ on our way to California...
ÔÇ£The Grand CircleÔÇØ including Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Glen Canyon, Capitol Reef... and more.
Exciting riding, hiking, photography and eating!... eating meaning cooking too...
There is much more if we went a bit more North/East... but, have to leave some for next year!... and the following...
A couple days ago we went to Valle ÔÇÿs ÔÇ£Planes of Fame Air MuseumÔÇØ, what I thought was going to be a quick stop turned out to be an almost all day visit... a must to see, all in the Blog.

PS: if anyone wants more pictures and info (taken also in pictures), let me know. I can send you the SmuMug link they are all on... too many for the Blog...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit... soon on the road again.

On the road, 89N through AZ and Utah...

137781208-L.jpg

On the road, 89N, AZ and Utah.

89 Northbound from the eastern entrance of the south rim Grand Canyon to Utah must be one of the best scenic road I have ever been on. So much scenery, from rock formations, to the Little Colorado Gorge in a more intimate setting than the Grand Canyon... to Panguitch... were we had to turn around. Campgrounds are closed, snow is still present with more on the way, wind is howling and why can I not set my mind to the fact that winter is not over yet!
So we are south of all that... 50 this morning near Kanab... and will take some day trips to the scenic areas surrounding us.
Some pictures of our way up here on the Blog...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Kanab Canyon and more, UT.

138036606-M.jpg

Kanab Canyon and more... UT.

How can so much happen while on the road without a ÔÇ£homeÔÇØ? The trails of the mind must be wide open with all its doors unlocked... Turned on by a friend to Ken FosterÔÇÖs book ÔÇ£the dogs who found meÔÇØ, suddenly opens a path of joy finding out that his Pit must be SpiritÔÇÖs brother!
And what better surrounding than riding through a Canyon to discover just a bit later that ÔÇ£Best Friends Animal SanctuaryÔÇØ, a no kill shelter for animals, has tours of their center... where I actually find Ken FosterÔÇÖs book less than 24hrs after its discovery... and should I also mention ÔÇ£autographedÔÇØ... All this leading to a great dinner... I never thought that living on the road was going to be so exciting... as you might read it in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

A quick long ride through Zion NP., UT.

138249060-M.jpg

A quick long ride through Zion NP., Utah

I need to learn new words to describe this Park, or I just have to stop riding through these natural wonders. My vocabulary is starting to feel limited! What a blast... going... what a shower... coming back! The rig is purring... with 170+/-K on it I even hate to think about it... no jinks please.
And as if the ride was not enough we are moving there for a while... it will be base camp for many other attractions if that is what we are going to call them.
This one is already in the Blog.
Enjoy, be well... hope that you are also having a great weekend...

Ara & Spirit

The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

139063996-M.jpg

The Canyon in Zion... Utah.

Staying in most of the day, NOAA called in for some bad weather... but I think they are mistaken.
Great campsite, so great that we might, just might stay here for a couple weeks... but I have said that before. It is just that there are so many places to ride around here... and see!
Might even have some company soon... that would be great... Fire at night, great roads, great scenery... what more can I write on the Blog!... many pictures too...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

animal friends

ARa isn't animal friends great. my wife and I are supporters and hope to take the tour some day. stay well and ride safe. Thanks for all the great pics.

Darker Skies In Zion NP., Utah...

Great place to tour!... with your dog!!!

139370452-L.jpg

Darker Skies in Zion NP. Utah...

The forecast... after these couple days is as sunny as it can be for as long as they can predict it!
Lets endure these couple of days... I know that it will be all worth it.
Did not hold us back from some riding as darker skies make for some great pictures and give out a different feeling about this whole place.
We did have to turn around, bitter cold winds... the snow flakes were an added attraction...
Luckily enough ingredients to make dinner... preceded by a visit to FarmerÔÇÖs Market...
The Journey goes on... cannot even think about our next destination! This is Home for now...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Back