• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Removing anti-theft device

C

cycle_guy

I'm restoring to road worthy an 85 k100 that was in poor condition. I unplugged the anti-theft box and unfortunetly threw it away. Now I'm having some issues with not getting voltage to the fuel pump. I'm wondering if simply removing the anti-theft may be causing the problem. Or, my next step may be swapping out the relays. Any suggestions will be welcome.

My thoughts are that you get service manuals that apply to the model year and trace the wiring through the provided wiring diagrams. Not sure what the best manual may be, but if you are restoring the bike, they sure do come in handy.

My K won't send voltage to the pump until the starter switch is pressed. Have you checked it in that manner? BTW I second and third getting an appropriate manual for the bike, either a Haynes or a Clymer.

installation instructions

Don

If you are talking about the BMW alarm system, I can help. I've scanned the booklet and can email those pages to you. Too many pages to attach here though.

Send your email address and I'll forward a pdf file to you. You can find my address in the front of the ON under Volunteer Staff, (consumer liaison).

Thanks to all for your replies. I have a good Clymer manual and had traced the wiring diagram and it looks like all the anti theft device does is sound the horn.
I've checked to see if the pump runs when the starter switch is pressed and it now has voltage to the pump. Thanks again. You guys are great!! :wave

Last edited:
Back