• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Neat electrical stuff

I have seen this site posted within other motorcycle forums and have not used them. No one posted any negatives so, I am contemplating buying one of the plugs to add to the dash of my 2002 RT, just like the one that was on my old 1996 RT (why did BMW eliminate this plug position?). At $14.95 it sure beats the dealers price!

Anyone else buy a powerlet from Jastech?

knary said:
thanks for the link Kboy. I'm at the start of electrifying a tankbag.

You're welcome. That kit they've got for that purpose looked pretty intriguing to me. Quick disconnect, plugs into a BMW outlet and it gives you a dry place to keep your music, nav, coffee maker.

This stuff looks cool, but I have just as good of luck running the adapter cord from my plug and running into the top of my tank bag. All you have to do is zip it up around the cord.

YB in IN said:
This stuff looks cool, but I have just as good of luck running the adapter cord from my plug and running into the top of my tank bag. All you have to do is zip it up around the cord.

I like to get stuff out of my tankbag often. I've found that the fewer cords there are dangling out around the zippers, the faster I can get back to moving down the road after using something in the tankbag (most likely the camera).

knary said:
I like to get stuff out of my tankbag often. I've found that the fewer cords there are dangling out around the zippers, the faster I can get back to moving down the road after using something in the tankbag (most likely the camera).

I was out for a ride with Rich Loving a few weeks ago. He keeps his camera on a tether like the ones the girls at KMart use to organize thier keys. He hangs the tether around his neck and sticks the camera in the big ol' upper right pocket in his stich. He can reach in and turn on the camera, pull it out, take a picture and then safely stow it away with one hand, without stopping.

I think that's kind of cool.

Back