• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW has electrical diagrams on CD now

cjack

K Bikes Complex by Choice
BMW has all model diagrams from '74 to '93 on one cd, $59.00 06 72 7 694 500
and '93 to '06 on another, $59.00 06 73 7 703 031
Folks have asked for diagrams, and I think this is a good thing finally.

PGlaves said:
Jack,

If you have seen them on screen ... how is the clarity? Color coding? etc.

Well...I have both and when the schematic is full sheet, you can't read much. Then you can expand a section and an overview shows where you are on the sheet. There is a hand that you can click on a part of the schematic with and move the sheet where you want It. Very easy to get around. When you expand fully, all the text is good and all the wires are marked as to color, etc. On the newest bikes, the wires are green for green, brown for brown, and black for everything else. On the early bikes, like the K75, R90, etc. the schematic is black and white and is the original drawing I guess and can be expanded, etc. I guess all the schematics are the original drawings but they did color the green and brown wires on the latest ones which I have never seen on a BMW schematic. One really neat thing is that on the airheads, there were many different options which were additional sheets in the electrical books for the service shop, but were never in anyone's owner's manual, etc. All those options, siren, heated grips, four way flasher, etc. are on the cd. You do have to select different versions of the same model to find them though. Also you can select USA or Europe models. Like if you go to an R100CS, there is only the base diagram and main light circuit. If you go to the R100RS, there are more options such as the "marker lights (with rotating beacon and full fairing)" and "tone sequence system and marker lights, folding".
It's a wealth of information to have in only 2 cds. And although the cd says 1974 to 1993, the schematics for the R50, 60, 75, 5/6/7 are there. Almost as much fun to look at (for some of us) as "Long Way Round". Stuff I've never seen before such as "Avon Full Fairing" wiring on an R60/6.

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the info. Are there operating system requirements to view this? For example, the other shop manuals are PDFs and those are actually easier to view on Linux since the Acrobat viewer on Windows is so clunky. What format are the electrical manuals?

Price seems reasonable for what you get (unlike $135 for the '03 F650CS manual.)

thanks,
hank

HANKB said:
Hi Jack,
Thanks for the info. Are there operating system requirements to view this? For example, the other shop manuals are PDFs and those are actually easier to view on Linux since the Acrobat viewer on Windows is so clunky. What format are the electrical manuals?

Price seems reasonable for what you get (unlike $135 for the '03 F650CS manual.)

thanks,
hank

I requires IE 5.5 or higher and Windows 2K or XP. That may be important to some, and sorry I omitted that info. Not PDF at all. You can print one or N copies of the viewing area selected with good resolution, but to see all the tiny text, you may have to expand somewhat from the full schematic. It's about a 13MB print file.

Back