• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I heard KISS is the big music act??

If 'Barely Man'enough' shows up, I'm gonna be :sick for a month :D

Polka??? OMG!!! MASIVE :sick for at least for a year!!! :stick :D after which I'll turn to :bottle

So who IS showing up????

No one is showing up!!!

and since we've only heard groaning from the would be audience, the main act will be......karaoke!!! That's right, everyone will be expected to get on stage and sing one song. We'd prefer that you pick something with a bit of German heritage to it.

I personally will be singing Rammstein - Du Hast.

:hide

This post is a joke and in no way real.

Rasbutan said:
No one is showing up!!!

and since we've only heard groaning from the would be audience, the main act will be......karaoke!!! That's right, everyone will be expected to get on stage and sing one song. We'd prefer that you pick something with a bit of German heritage to it.

I personally will be singing Rammstein - Du Hast.

:hide

This post is a joke and in no way real.

Dibs on Nena "99 Luftballoons"!!!

:D

gsmetal said:
Dave Matthews?? Oh please...what a yawner.

I'd rather have Elton.

My vote would be for Aerosmith. That would show the Harley folks how to really rock.

Elton? I just can't see jamming to Crocodile Rock in the beer tent. He doesn't seem to be a "outdoor beer tent" sort of guy, to me.

Aerosmith would be fine for their music. I don't have any need to impress the Harley Folks. I know I ride the best, so who cares about their opinions. :)

jdmetzger said:
Originally Posted by jdmetzger
How about for one of the night, we get a band made up of MOA members to play? If not that, maybe there are MOA members who are IN a band that would like to play the rally. We can have sample tracks sent up, everyone can listen to them, and vote for a winner.

Note: I'm not in a band, so NO, I'm not trying to get mine playing.

BeemoKat said:
Actually, there are a lot of MOA musicians, but I think most of us would prefer to ride to the rally, rather than haul equipment.

Speak for yourself BeemoKat. My band would love to play at the rally, they can haul my drums and I can still ride a la Neil Peart. We play all kinds of music and we'd cost much less than having a big name act. You can sit in with us if you want. :rocker
Seriously, I don't know what the budget is, or who makes the decisions, but Josh, since you started this, let me know when you find something out. ;)

Daver90s said:
Speak for yourself BeemoKat. My band would love to play at the rally, they can haul my drums and I can still ride a la Neil Peart. We play all kinds of music and we'd cost much less than having a big name act. You can sit in with us if you want. :rocker
Seriously, I don't know what the budget is, or who makes the decisions, but Josh, since you started this, let me know when you find something out. ;)

So THIS is how you get volunteered to do something! :bolt

gsmetal said:
Dave Matthews?? Oh please...what a yawner.

I'd rather have Elton.

My vote would be for Aerosmith. That would show the Harley folks how to really rock.

And you can be the Committee Chair in charge of explaining to all the rally attendees why the Rally fee is $95 this year instead of the usual $35.

:)

Friedle
rally music booker 99, 03, 06

$35.00 Rally Fee ??!!

Friedle said:
And you can be the Committee Chair in charge of explaining to all the rally attendees why the Rally fee is $95 this year instead of the usual $35.

:)

Friedle
rally music booker 99, 03, 06

$35.00 for the Rally fee?? OMG !!

$35.00 for 4 days of entertainment, music, vendors, (free) camping, and a chance to win a new motorcycle??!!!

I drive a $16,000 motorcycle, fitted with $1500.00 in accessories and I wear $800.00 in protective gear.

$35.00 is a little steep don't you think??!! :stick

:lurk

Rally fee

gsmetal said:
$35.00 for the Rally fee?? OMG !!

$35.00 for 4 days of entertainment, music, vendors, (free) camping, and a chance to win a new motorcycle??!!!

I drive a $16,000 motorcycle, fitted with $1500.00 in accessories and I wear $800.00 in protective gear.

$35.00 is a little steep don't you think??!! :stick

:lurk

I don't think $35 is a little steep, but you would be amazed at how many people I hear from who think it is way out of line. :dunno

Friedle

Friedle said:
I don't think $35 is a little steep, but you would be amazed at how many people I hear from who think it is way out of line. :dunno

Friedle

you're telling me, since i've been in the moa i've tried sneaking in every year by getting there like 9 days early and just sort of "hanging around"............it's always those door prizes that eventually pry the 35 dollars out of my wallet :D

I think a good band would be The Steve Miller Band or Eagles. Van Halen or kiss wpuld do, maybe some Motley Crue. I like it all if they know how to rock.

I didn't want to leak this too early, but I know who the act is.

:evil

Product Description
This CD contains 18 yodeling songs by Kerry Christensen, one of the most creative yodelers around. His flair for unusual styling has wowed concert goers for the last 20 years. This album contains a mixture of cowboy yodeling songs, german yodeling songs, and a few just-plain-crazy yodeling songs.

Attachments

• music.jpg
    music.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 125
Rasbutan said:
I didn't want to leak this too early, but I know who the act is.

:evil

Product Description
This CD contains 18 yodeling songs by Kerry Christensen, one of the most creative yodelers around. His flair for unusual styling has wowed concert goers for the last 20 years. This album contains a mixture of cowboy yodeling songs, german yodeling songs, and a few just-plain-crazy yodeling songs.

Uhhh... you're kidding.. right? :eek

Although camping near the beer tent was fine in VT, I may have to re-consider in WI....

New Southern Rock?

I know that Sue Rihn-Manke was wanting to get the Allman Bros. for Lima, but their asking price was way too high. I mentioned this earlier, but maybe it is time to mention this again:

How about The Derek Trucks Band or Gov't Mule (with Warren Haynes)?

Either band rocks outstandingly. T'would be a rowdy night in the beer tent! ( I just hope it would be on one the nights that I was not working!)

I can'

OK, I've definately got it. We invite Peter Egan and that garage band he plays with. He already lives in Wisconsin, so there'll be virtually no travel fees. They probably don't expect to get anything other than free beer anyway, so the expenses would be way down. Egan could sell and sign copies of his books----

http://www.amazon.com/Leanings-Stories-Americas-Favorite-Motorcycle/dp/0760321647

----and maybe we could get him to host a couple of seminars about what it's like to be a car/motorcycle magazine writer....or....perhaps a campfire and beer talkfest.

Now, with the money we save on a band, the MOA buys another bike to give away -- or a couple of refurbished earlier models.

Perhaps someone with the Madison or Port Washington clubs knows how to reach him......

Mac

no, I'm not totally serious. Still.....

Back