Thread: K75RT Turns over won't start

K75RT Turns over won't start

Hi Gang
    Got a 1990 K75RT that I let sit for a little over a year now. I'm thinking the gas is bad. Question is how do I remove old gas and get it going. turns over fine just wont fire.
    Thanks in advance
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 9842 View Post
    Hi Gang
    Got a 1990 K75RT that I let sit for a little over a year now. I'm thinking the gas is bad. Question is how do I remove old gas and get it going. turns over fine just wont fire.
    Thanks in advance
    Brian
    Step one - just stab the start button with the fuel lid open and ear to opening. Is the fuel pump coming on for several seconds. If not you have a stuck fuel pump issue.

Step two - remove a spark plug and examine for wetness. Often a weak battery will cause the ignition to cut off before the LJetronic controlling squirt cuts off. This results in wet plugs.

If the fuel pump is operating OK and the plugs are not wet then you probably have clogged fuel injectors. They will need to be removed and sent off for cleaning and testing, or replaced. Cleaning is cheap. Replacement is expensive.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/