• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Welcome to Online Central

fixed

some idiot -ahem- buggered an htaccess file blocking access to the site css file

:hide

Ah!

We're all glad you are there to stay on top of things.
Thanks Scott! :thumb

Membership

Welcome to Online Central, a new forum for discussion of the 'MOA web efforts.

As you may be aware we are in the process of updating and enhancing our website. From the introduction of the forum to the addition of security there is much going on behind the scenes. We have set up this new forum to solicit feedback as well as new ideas for site content from our users.

As always if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Best,

Rob Nye
Secretary BMW MOA

Greg Feeler
Director BMW MOA
Chairman, Communications and Marketing Committee

Dear Sirs,
I am a new member now for 5 weeks and I have not received any communication from BMW MOA. No welcome e-mail,No patch, No magazine. But my membership fee was promptly deducted. What's up with that?

Receipt of your first Owners New can take four to six weeks depending on the timing of when you join. However, it would seem you should have received your membership packet by now.

The best approach is to contact the membership staff at our headquarters: membership@bmwmoa.org. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Why not a SAFETY forum?

I was just posting a thought on safety and wondered if a SAFETY forum might be a good idea. As an MSF RiderCoach and motorcycle safety editor, I publish safety articles for several different groups/clubs/dealerships. Any thoughts on this?

iPhones and why no sign in other then on forum ?

Why isn't sign in on first page of web site? Also in July issue page 13 u say to summit picture go to web site and look for picture this on right? Not on my site and can't find it either. Wouldlike to summit photo but doesnt look like this is correct.

What kind of software are you running when you come to the main website (not the forum) with your iPhone? There are mobile apps which display things differently. I use an Android phone but use it as a mini-computer...I go to the MOA homepage just as I would on my larger computer. It all looks the same on both machines.

As for the "Picture This", there is currently a link on the right of the screen that says "Big Sky! Picture This". If you see that, click on it to go to a page that discusses the latest picture. On that page is the link to submit a photo. It's basically an email address. Here it is:

vince@bmwmoa.org

Put "Picture This" in the subject line.

I didn't request log in info, but I received it in my email account. Is this the start of a problem? Frank

I didn't request log in info, but I received it in my email account. Is this the start of a problem? Frank

Can you be more specific? I notice you've been posting in the forum...that's a good thing. Are you experiencing any other issue?

20774: the mail was titled RETRIEVE PASSWORD INFORMATION and went on to state my user name and a password. I didn't request this so I thought something was out of place. Frank

Frank -

There have been no emails sent out recently to members for this situation. Unless you were being helped by Jeff in the office. But there is nothing immediate on the horizon right now.

Fixed for me!

I'm pleased to say that my password and log on problems are now fixed so to whoever fixed the problem and for whatever you did do thank you!!!!

I'm pleased to say that my password and log on problems are now fixed so to whoever fixed the problem and for whatever you did do thank you!!!!
There is work going on constantly on both the side of the forum seen by the members and the side only seen by the office. I'm glad to hear you got squared away.
Gary

Flea Market burps

Who can I contact to see why my flea market ad (#10514 I think) won't update??? I've gone thru the 3 steps...it says "complete"....but never shows up in the flea market???

Ad is for "Womens' Air Mesh Pants" originally posted June 20, updated (?) on 22 Aug......:scratch

Brownie -

I don't have much experience with the Flea Market...it's separate from the forum. But if you want to get more help, you'll need to call the office on Monday.

But here's what I can tell you. I found your ad...mesh is not in the title or description, but I searched the FM for "women's" and found it. So, I entered a dummy item in the FM. I then came back and used the little pencil icon to make changes to my ad. I verified that the changes were made. Now, in your case, I doubt the date will be changed to today's date...I suspect it will retain the original date. Maybe that's the issue that is causing some concern.

Right now, the FM doesn't really work correctly...it's difficult to search, sort, etc. And ads don't age out as they should. So, in your case, it's almost like you would need to delete your old ad and enter a new one to bring the item up to the front if someone sorts by the newest stuff first.

The home office is considering a new Flea Market plug-in down the road, so maybe the ultimate solution will come when that gets on line.

HTH...

Safari Problem

Hello to all, don't know if this is the right place for this comment but here goes, been 6-8 months since i was able to get to the forum on my apple laptop, thru Safari, called and talked to the MOA office, can't remember what they told me, or might not have been computer savvy enough to know what they were telling me. Wasn't having problems with any other forums, at the time, but recently like yesterday, couldn't navigate on other websites, namely cycletrader, landwatch, etc,,. Took my computer to the computer doctor, lol changed my browser from Safari to Firefox, so far she's running like a Swiss watch. If anyone else is experiencing this issue, changing browser has been the fix for mine. Just passing some info along, hope this helps anyone, and to the staff of the MOA thanks for keeping our website running smoothly.

Back