• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The way home from the Fungal.

darencs

Well, I can't really say that I "went to" the fungal. I just showed up in the middle, shared a fire, listened to some stories, :bikes and followed some great people through some of the best riding there is. I should have paid more attention to the talk about shocks since my rear one seems to be venting excess oil after this trip :( , :)

Here's my first attempt at a coherent ride report.

IÔÇÖve been looking for an excuse to explore Northern California by motorcycle for some time. I had been watching the thread on the MOA forum about the second Fungal ride just like I watched the thread last year. For some reason I didnÔÇÖt go last year and the way the weather was looking I probably wouldnÔÇÖt make it this year either. The various weather forecasters couldnÔÇÖt make up their minds whether it would be nice or cold and rainy that weekend. Finally, the Wednesday before, they all agreed that it would be nice from Friday through Wednesday. I put in for vacation from Saturday to Wednesday.

My plan was to ride to the Indian Scotty campground on Saturday, work my down the coast on Sunday through Tuesday, hopefully making it to the Golden Gate bridge, and be on I-80 near the Ca/Nv border by the time I stopped on Tuesday leaving about 500 miles to ride on Wednesday. HereÔÇÖs how it went:

Day one, Saturday: Home in Idaho to Indian Scotty. I took I-84 to Hwy 20 at the Id/Or border, Hwy 20 to 395 at Riley, 395 to 140 at Lakeview and got on 66 around Klamath Falls to I-5. I didnÔÇÖt take many pictures as SW Oregon is miles and miles of miles and miles but I did stop on 66 and take some foliage pictures. The colors werenÔÇÖt that vibrant but at least they werenÔÇÖt plain old green pine trees. :clap I arrived at Indian Scotty campground in time to pitch my tent in the twilight, break up some firewood and wait for the Fungal road warriors to return with their tales of woe and flat tires. See the thread at: (http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=13514&highlight=fungal). Then stood around the fire and listened to wonderful tales of motorcycles and shocks and the finer points of breaking a tire bead with a GS side stand. Day one, 582 miles.

Attachments

• Day 1.JPG
    Day 1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 109
Back